Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was following this thread with some interest, which died all of a sudden when I saw the prices...600€ excl. VAT means around 720€ per channel. Sorry dudes, thats a bit over the top for DIY.

I think it's EUR 500 excl VAT which is EUR 600 including VAT. EUR 325 for the module and EUR 180 for the PSU.

Unfortunately the round shape is 88 mm which excludes side mounting on the side panels of a chassis (which would be the only reasonable aproach for easy installation and simple cooling arrangements) for anything up to 2 HE like for instance Modushop Galaxy Maggiorato which are 80 mm inside height. Had they been rectangular and say 60x100 mm they would have been perfect in terms of mounting and sonics. The speaker connections are a bit strange but I could have lived with that I suppose.

I can't really see how the mounting is intended but as I recall the possibility of just bolting them to a panel from the top was planned (and is says so on the info page) rather than having the need to mount them from the bottom/outside.

Very nice looks though.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I almost cant wait to hear what they sound like!!!

Will use them for my B&G RD-75 ribbons. Thats a very very easy load to drive, 6 ohms flat.

I'm using UcD180HG with HxR now, and I am very satisfied with its sound quality. If the Ncore is significantly better, then this must be the very last amp I'll ever buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.