Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
In less than 2 ohm, birding won't give you more power as current will be the limiting factor.
Bridging should in that case not go louder, but it might sound different. Theoretically even order harmonics should be equalled out however in the real world we are already at such low distortion levels that other things, like implementation, might govern the outcome...

Actually, a less than 2 ohm load would be seen as a less than 1 ohm for each side of the bridge, for which the amp is not specified. It probably still work, but you are pushing beyond what the amp has been specified for.

For 2 ohm speakers, I would stick with a non bridged ncore. If ultimate power is the major concern do a UCD2K instead :)

cheers,

In less than 2 ohm, birding won't give you more power as current will be the limiting factor.

You will still get double the power - current stays the same, voltage doubles.

Actually, a less than 2 ohm load would be seen as a less than 1 ohm for each side of the bridge, for which the amp is not specified. It probably still work, but you are pushing beyond what the amp has been specified for.
Agree. Not a good idea.

For 2 ohm speakers, I would stick with a non bridged ncore.
That is my recommendation too. If you go for bridging, you'd better really know what you are doing.

You will still get double the power - current stays the same, voltage doubles.

Agree. Not a good idea.

That is my recommendation too. If you go for bridging, you'd better really know what you are doing.

Julf, we agree on the conclusion, but I fail to see how you can get more power if current is the limiting factor. The speaker still follows ohm's law and two ncores in bridge won't be able to drive more current than one. 24A peak is what you get with ncore400 bridged or not.

cheers,

Julf, we agree on the conclusion, but I fail to see how you can get more power if current is the limiting factor. The speaker still follows ohm's law and two ncores in bridge won't be able to drive more current than one. 24A peak is what you get with ncore400 bridged or not.

24 A, 25 V -> 600W
24 A, 50 V -> 1200W

Bridging doubles the voltage across the load.

24 A, 25 V -> 600W
24 A, 50 V -> 1200W

Bridging doubles the voltage across the load.

Only if you have twice the load. In this case you don't.

In a bridge remember that each side only see half the total load meaning only half the voltage drop too. I repeat: When current is limiting, you get the same current and voltage = same power.

Please see my calculations in the thread that was liked to a few posts ago.

ty for the suggestion..as you can see i already have 6 Ncore with 6 smps600 ...so what i get it is i can use two smps600 with 2 ncore and get close to 800w on 4 ohm

Not at higher frequencies where your speaker impedance goes too low for a bridged pair. But even a singe nc400 will give you 580 W into 2 ohm. The difference between 580 W and 800 W is less than 1.5 dB.

As we keep saying, first step is to see if you actually get a single nc400 to clip when you play at your loudest setting.

ty for the suggestion..as you can see i already have 6 Ncore with 6 smps600 ...so what i get it is i can use two smps600 with 2 ncore and get close to 800w on 4 ohm ....

am i correct to think that??

V

If you already have 6 sets of nc400/smps600 then stay with that.

Expect to get about 800W in 8 Ohm and about 1200W in 4 Ohm.
(within the current limiting you should get twice the power of one nc400 in half the impedance. As each nc400 deliver 400W/4R and 600W/2R, you'll get 400+400W in 8R and 600+600W in 4R)

For loads below 2.7 Ohm you'll face current limiting (before voltage limiting) and won't get more power from bridging than running single ncores...

Hope this helps :)

If you already have 6 sets of nc400/smps600 then stay with that.

Expect to get about 800W in 8 Ohm and about 1200W in 4 Ohm.
(within the current limiting you should get twice the power of one nc400 in half the impedance. As each nc400 deliver 400W/4R and 600W/2R, you'll get 400+400W in 8R and 600+600W in 4R)

For loads below 2.7 Ohm you'll face current limiting (before voltage limiting) and won't get more power from bridging than running single ncores...

Hope this helps :)

can you tell me what is the connection between two smps and two ncore...

V

Status
Not open for further replies.