Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, now i know why the manual says that it's "very important to use twisted", cause it sounds good either way!

I build mine just like Bruno recommends and definitely don't need your overpriced cases.

You can do whatever you want man. The ncores sound great with or without a case, twisted or un twisted cables, beers or no beers.

Have fun!

Best,
Matt

According to Bruno (via personal email with him) this was not required.
I find that impossible to believe. there has been a previous discussion with Bruno's participation here where he even emphasized the importance of not having the wires exit the golden connectors at opposite sides. it's your right to do whatever you want but people are reading this.

If I remember correctly the reason for twisting was not really that the act of not twisting introduced massive distortion but rather that the NCore itself had less distortion and so you'd have to twist to make accurate measurements.

That, however, does not mean that the average user can hear the distortion caused by not twisting the cables =)

I find that impossible to believe. there has been a previous discussion with Bruno's participation here where he even emphasized the importance of not having the wires exit the golden connectors at opposite sides. it's your right to do whatever you want but people are reading this.

i bought a few of the initial amp enclosures off kraemer and i know that he has exchanged many emails with bruno, heck bruno gave him some tips to get this case laid out if i remember correctly.

I do have my wires twisted together, but i won't doubt what kraemer says that bruno told him.

I found twisting and routing of cables to be significant in my amps

However, in my (mono block) amps the amp module is directly above the smps with the component sides of each unit facing each other.

Since my original assembly I've also added an aluminium sheet between the modules

In kraemerkid's build the speaker cables route directly away from the psu cables, so I can easily believe there's less of an effect

Did you notice a difference in sound quality afterwards ?
Yes I did

BUT
I didn't do a direct comparison, so it may be my imagination
The effects or degree of effect, are highly likely to be build-dependent and system dependent

The pictures of my case are shown below. Since those photos
- I've changed the speaker cables and twisted and routed them far better - more directly to the speaker terminals and more away from the SMPS. In fact I've rerouted all the internal wiring far better than shown in the photos
- I've inserted a 3mm Al sheet between the nc400 and smps - it fits in the slots in the side of the case

It's worth having a look at the post I made after I originally assembled them
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/190434-hypex-ncore-395.html#post3019278

281771d1336691269t-hypex-ncore-hypex-open-closed.jpg

281772d1336691269-hypex-ncore-hypex-inside.jpg

hypex ncore

I know I've said it before, but after a week with my Ncores back in active service, how they shine with a turntable as source. Stunning, for some reason for me they have great synergy with a TT front end. I'm using an Ortofon 2M black through a DIY phono and then a Pass B1 buffer based preamp.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hello all!

Very interesting device NC400. But all finished cases what I saw where without volume control. But where one must be used? May be in DAC?
And what about quality of volume control. Is DACT will be enough quality for NC400?
Thank you for answers.

Yes, volume control in the DAC works for me. If your DAC has 24 or 32-bit resolution, digital volume control (if properly implemented) will be more than good enough for any amp.

Yes, volume control in the DAC works for me. If your DAC has 24 or 32-bit resolution, digital volume control (if properly implemented) will be more than good enough for any amp.

ok! But what your mean "digital volume control"? I have analog output from DAC. My DAC connected with USB cable with computer. I could lower volume in foobar2000 music player, but it decrease sound quality.
It's very strange that all NC400 cases doesn't use volume control in case https://www.google.ru/search?q=hype...y4GACg&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=601#imgdii=_ .Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.