Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me, how would you achieve low IMD if you do not have low THD?

Must you really go on to demonstrate to all how deep a hole you can dig for yourself?

I'm not sure if you spotted it but onlookers are giggling in the rafters. Stop making a spectacle of yourself. Attached is the IMD plot of Ncore which you say is so much more important, and which everyone knew would be the answer to youe above question. Well, it's put up or shut up time. Either you show that you know what you're talking about by posting a better result, or you stop wasting everybody's time.

Earlier I described to StigErik the game you are playing. You offer no technical arguments. You're also using the classical disruptive technique of incoherent language even though you have accidentally demonstrated to speak perfectly acceptable English. In fact, you have consistently proved to understand my English flawlessly. In other words: you are putting up a show just to unhinge the discussion.

Reread my post. I said that our ear is more sensitive to the IMD, the thd. I think you see only the theory of your UCD, then it is not possible to develop differently. Wishes.

I never heard a company that presents a new amp (better than class AB), and then says that it is better to have good parameters in the 20Khz range, than compromise if the range is extended.

He never said that he did or had to make such a compromise ! He only said what he would do if he had to. The measurements of the ncore look d********y good. So what's your point ?

He never said that he did or had to make such a compromise ! He only said what he would do if he had to. The measurements of the ncore look d********y good. So what's your point ?

I have not attacked Bruno, saying that the product is not good.
I responded to some statements. it is obvious that the arguments change as you write. why insist on topics where you have more convenience?
Insist on the SMPS, which thanks to the high PSRR of the amp, the dynamic sound of the instruments is perfect.

AP2, you've mentioned NuForce again. as far as I remember their amp has an off the shelf industrial SMPS.
moreover, I don't think anyone is forced to use a SMPS with UCD or NCore.
oh, and most A/B amps (made by various renowned audiophile brands) I've seen didn't show large supply caps.
so you insist on SMPS? to me it looks like you insist on whatever you want, as long as there is some hope to inflame the discussion.
yes, we can change the subject randomly too. I can discuss weather. or any other subject that can raise any kind of controversy. how about soccer? I'm sure we can disagree there too.

why don't you post some measurements yourself? that could convince people to stop using SMPS's just as well.

AP2, you've mentioned NuForce again. as far as I remember their amp has an off the shelf industrial SMPS.
moreover, I don't think anyone is forced to use a SMPS with UCD or NCore.
oh, and most A/B amps (made by various renowned audiophile brands) I've seen didn't show large supply caps.
so you insist on SMPS? to me it looks like you insist on whatever you want, as long as there is some hope to inflame the discussion.
yes, we can change the subject randomly too. I can discuss weather. or any other subject that can raise any kind of controversy. how about soccer? I'm sure we can disagree there too.

why don't you post some measurements yourself? that could convince people to stop using SMPS's just as well.

Well, why Measures not just to show company that sells SMPS?
On smps...null? only word on word that smps is good?

AP2: I'll be blunt. imagine someone running a Google search on "class D", "hypex" or "Ncore" and ending up on this thread. I am convinced that he/she will be left thinking "what the ****??". it's the simple fact that one has to go through great efforts to decode your English and extract useful information from your postings. I simply have no idea what you meant with your last message.
what you write looks like the result of marriage between white noise and an automated translation engine.
I give up.

AP2: I'll be blunt. imagine someone running a Google search on "class D", "hypex" or "Ncore" and ending up on this thread. I am convinced that he/she will be left thinking "what the ****??". it's the simple fact that one has to go through great efforts to decode your English and extract useful information from your postings. I simply have no idea what you meant with your last message.
what you write looks like the result of marriage between white noise and an automated translation engine.
I give up.

My last post was clear. a company that develops and sells a SMPS, has a duty to publish the measures on the SMPS. if this is recommended for audio amplifiers, audio must also publish the behavior.
Not correct?
As I said before, it is obvious that there is a link with marketing. this is a problem.
Yes,I know..when someone search D Class on google and get DXA-400 thread...

Last edited:
My last post was clear. a company that develops and sells a SMPS, has a duty to publish the measures on the SMPS. if this is recommended for audio amplifiers, audio must also publish the behavior.

The ncore and a PSU are different things. The first one is an amplifier which can be used with a conventional PSU or an SMPS. And this thread IS about the ncore. It is deliberately designed such that it has veeeeery little susceptibility to PSU nonidealities.

There will be an SMPS available. The user could either build a conventional PSU for his ncore or use this one - each one as he likes.
The properties of said SMPS would indeed be interesting - especially to those using it with a different type of amplifier. This is a fair question - agreed.
But if it is just that what you wanted to know from the beginning why contaminate the whole thread with ranting and blabla ?

Regards

Charles

The ncore and a PSU are different things. The first one is an amplifier which can be used with a conventional PSU or an SMPS. And this thread IS about the ncore. It is deliberately designed such that it has veeeeery little susceptibility to PSU nonidealities.

There will be an SMPS available. The user could either build a conventional PSU for his ncore or use this one - each one as he likes.
The properties of said SMPS would indeed be interesting - especially to those using it with a different type of amplifier. This is a fair question - agreed.
But if it is just that what you wanted to know from the beginning why contaminate the whole thread with ranting and blabla ?

Regards

Charles
----
Maybe..My first post in this thread, started with insults NCore amp?
I think not!

Or I have answered questions that were put cleverly me?
Harmonics are not important. (not true)!
PSRR on the amplifier, provides .. (not true)
is not important to fast response of SMPS, or appropriate capacitors in a linear psu .. (not true)
is better thd 0.001% or 0.01%? .. Both are very good for our ear.
Fast response of the amplifier is not important .. (not true).
These are my belief (some).

Regards

Boys I'm unsubscribing from this thread for a few weeks. I can't keep "investing" time in supplying argued responses to a single troll who doesn't listen to arguments and consistently fails to give arguments himself.

So, Roberto, rejoyce and dance, Bruno's moving out, you're free to spread any nonsense, lie and misrepresentation about me and what I do and I won't stop you. Have fun. You have the floor.

Boys I'm unsubscribing from this thread for a few weeks. I can't keep "investing" time in supplying argued responses to a single troll who doesn't listen to arguments and consistently fails to give arguments himself.

So, Roberto, rejoyce and dance, Bruno's moving out, you're free to spread any nonsense, lie and misrepresentation about me and what I do and I won't stop you. Have fun. You have the floor.

No problem on this, from your parts, the word "dance and theater" is often used, perhaps for convenience.
If you want to discuss some theories with me, out of the influence of marketing. I am available.
I exit from thread, I'm alone here in this forum. (I mean..not have fans) not simple in this way.

Last edited:
I thought I'd just give a short run-down of the AES paper for those who wonder if they should read it:
Something that isn't mentioned in the paper, but which you can easily work out (????, this doesn't sound easy to me....) for yourself, is that you can rewrite the criterium for unequal delays and solve the equation with the effects of dead time, output current and ripple current taken into account. This allows you to compute quite precise output spectra very rapidly without actually having to simulate the circuit, should one be so inclined.

Can you point out a good book to read first before I read your article (some-thing like class-D for beginners)?

purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet

Dear AP2,

Thanks, you are the first one to make me smile today. The repeating intentional misinterpretations you make are hilarious, I am really enjoying them!
Furthermore I agree with you, Google translate is pathetic.You made that point more than clear!

But I think it is time to stop hijacking this thread, or even better; start building a superior amp at a forth of the price. I need 8 of them for my Linkwitz Orion v4.0's before the end of the year.
Hoping to hear from you soon in your own tread.

Regards.
Tymen

----
PSRR on the amplifier, provides .. (not true)
is not important to fast response of SMPS, or appropriate capacitors in a linear psu .. (not true)
is better thd 0.001% or 0.01%? .. Both are very good for our ear.
Fast response of the amplifier is not important .. (not true).
These are my belief (some).
Agree on all those points.
About harmonics, loudspeakers have a lot of them, can sound good. when 3% is not a problem for our brains, what about 0.001% ?
TIM is the enemy. Even at very low levels.
Speed is the matter, about TIM, and, recently, i had modified an Voltage feedback class AB amp to current feedback. Not so much changes in harmonic distortions, but 7 X in bandwidth and slew rate, with the same components. And the changes goes in the 1-10Mhz range, and you can ear the improvements.
Next step: to get a fast enough PSU or SMPS, or how to feed a 140w amp at 10Mhz...

Good class D amps sound nice at our ears, because the are fast (slewrate) by design. They can measure very very low levels of harmonic distortions. At this level, i believe we need in our dreams 10 time faster SMPS than the AMP switching frequency. or, better, because we could use such a frequency for the amp's Clock itsef, if available, to make the voltage regulation of the pulses a part of the amp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.