Hypex Ncore - Page 266 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2012, 10:35 PM   #2651
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland. Oregon
OK, I'll bite. Why do you guys call these switches "vandal". I see no reference to that in the data sheet.

Yes, they include the resistor in the switch, so you can use a higher voltage with an external resistor if desired.

Cheers

Alan Garren
 
Old 26th February 2012, 10:41 PM   #2652
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Thanks Alan. These switches are designed to resist tampering for applications such as vending machines and the like. Most of them come with o-rings to make them water resistant and so on...

Bob
 
Old 26th February 2012, 11:37 PM   #2653
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I have seen the light pipes on farnell etc but they all seem to be mounted to a pcb (with an LED on it). What I want to do is fit a flat faced light pipe/LED or LED flush with the outer edge of a 10mm panel using the best and simplest method. I would power it off the aux/ctrl circuit of the SMPS600. I was going to use a vandal switch on the front (and might still do so) but am now thinking it is probably unnecessary and too big for the design.
 
Old 27th February 2012, 07:13 AM   #2654
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Corpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
Can anyone offer any advice/help with fitting light pipes and LEDs? I want a 3mm (or 5mm) flush (flat) indicator on a front panel of probably 10mm thickness so need to work out what to buy and how to fit it. I will also need to know how to fit the LED and what resistor to buy (I can probably work out the resistance).
I use a circuit with a single LED which only lights up when both smps600 are powered. I use a optocoupler to achieve this but it is possible to use a transistor as well.

I`ll post the circuit as soon as get to a normal computer.
 
Old 27th February 2012, 07:39 AM   #2655
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland. Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steidl Guitars View Post
Thanks Alan. These switches are designed to resist tampering for applications such as vending machines and the like. Most of them come with o-rings to make them water resistant and so on...

Bob
Thanks, I thought maybe they were about to sack Rome.
 
Old 27th February 2012, 07:52 AM   #2656
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At the output stage
Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
I have seen the light pipes on farnell etc but they all seem to be mounted to a pcb (with an LED on it). What I want to do is fit a flat faced light pipe/LED or LED flush with the outer edge of a 10mm panel using the best and simplest method. I would power it off the aux/ctrl circuit of the SMPS600. I was going to use a vandal switch on the front (and might still do so) but am now thinking it is probably unnecessary and too big for the design.
then use a flat top LED fitted flush to front panel. the hole may need to be wider at back on the panel so the LED top reaches the surface of the panel.
__________________
we all love a good ol' stereotype until it's against us
 
Old 27th February 2012, 08:03 AM   #2657
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
then use a flat top LED fitted flush to front panel. the hole may need to be wider at back on the panel so the LED top reaches the surface of the panel.
In which case do you glue it in place and just solder a resistor to the positive side then shrink wrap it?
 
Old 27th February 2012, 08:04 AM   #2658
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpius View Post
I use a circuit with a single LED which only lights up when both smps600 are powered. I use a optocoupler to achieve this but it is possible to use a transistor as well.

I`ll post the circuit as soon as get to a normal computer.
I am making monoblocks so just need it to indicate when the SMPS is switched on.
 
Old 27th February 2012, 08:08 AM   #2659
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: At the output stage
Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
In which case do you glue it in place and just solder a resistor to the positive side then shrink wrap it?
why not.
__________________
we all love a good ol' stereotype until it's against us
 
Old 27th February 2012, 08:29 AM   #2660
dan1502 is offline dan1502  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
It seems this is more compicated than I thought as they seem to operate at much lower voltages than the 21V aux output unless someone can point me in the direction of a suitable 3mm flush mount clear blue LED.

(I think I might now understand this better having found an equation but help would still be appreciated)

Last edited by dan1502; 27th February 2012 at 08:54 AM.
 

Closed Thread


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypex Ncore vs. NAKSA AlliumPorrum Class D 1 26th May 2015 07:36 PM
Problem with Hypex Ncore Koifarm Class D 29 13th October 2014 07:32 AM
Any news on hypex ncore 2.0? JZatopa Class D 1 13th August 2013 11:30 AM
Hypex UcD700 vs NCore Earbound Class D 25 15th March 2013 05:10 PM
Building a Hypex Ncore... Jabbejokker Class D 0 7th March 2013 10:08 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2016 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Wiki