Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pcb

Attachments

• hypexlaatstekans.PNG
    hypexlaatstekans.PNG
    254.8 KB · Views: 767
Using single ended unshielded cables with the Ncore.

Hello, I am using Paul Speltz Anti IC's unshielded cables.

Would there be any problem using a RCA to XLR adaptor into the Ncore input, and should I have the safety earth connected/disconnected on the mains inlet. Will the Neutrik NA2MPMF XLR Male to RCA female adaptor be suitable, or is this wired up differently to an RCA to XLR adaptor.

Also, the NC400 module shows 5 tags to the right of J7, anyone know what they are for. Thanks.

My preamp is the Glasshouse TVC passive. Thanks.

Hello, I am using Paul Speltz Anti IC's unshielded cables

I guess you have a good reason to do that - balanced and shielded cables would probably be better.

Would there be any problem using a RCA to XLR adaptor into the Ncore input

You should be OK.

should I have the safety earth connected/disconnected on the mains inlet.

Disconnected - but observe electrical safety rules inside your box.

Will the Neutrik NA2MPMF XLR Male to RCA female adaptor be suitable

Yes, it should work.

My preamp is the Glasshouse TVC passive. Thanks.

So you have a high-output-impedance passive preamp driving unshielded, unbalanced cables? Definitely not the safest setup from a noise/hum point of view, so let's hope for the best...

I guess you have a good reason to do that - balanced and shielded cables would probably be better.

So you have a high-output-impedance passive preamp driving unshielded, unbalanced cables? Definitely not the safest setup from a noise/hum point of view, so let's hope for the best...

Yes, the Anti Ic's sound very good.

My current amps are channel Islands D200's, with the TVC up full whack there's a very, very faint hum.

Julf, excellent answers , thanks.

Ncore front plate logo.

Can't find it on the Hypex website, could someone point me to it, and what program I would need to open the file on my computer. Do you save it as a PDF, or in pictures. I did try the file posted by mr_push_pull and downloaded WinRAR but I couldn't open the file unless I was doing something wrong. Thanks.

Hi all. For the choice of chassis, sonically, will there be a noticeable difference between a single dual mono one vs 2 separate mono chassis for NC400 using balance input?

BTW, both the NC400 and the SMP600 come with one end of the power supply cable, I.e. 12pin connector at one end and loose cable at the other end. So, I simply need to do the matching and solder the two loose ends together? If this is the case, I wonder why they don't simply provide one single complete cable. Or I have made anything wrong?

Thanks.

Hi all. For the choice of chassis, sonically, will there be a noticeable difference between a single dual mono one vs 2 separate mono chassis for NC400 using balance input?

Thanks.

The difference will cannot be seen on all systems. There is a difference in imaging, staging, the precision of the instruments. However everything else would need to be clean for this to happen. For example a bad power cord will keep everything hazy so the mono chassis will not help. The same to be said about room, speaker, cables, pre and source. For home theater, a single chassis will be fine. For classical, go with mono blocks. For Rock, well. With solo's or lots of vocals in blues and jazz, the mono blocks would be more live like, assuming the rest of the system is good also.

Choice of wire..

Hey guys,

I am planning a build with ncore and therefore I am currently making a list of the materials I need.

I don't know if this has been addressed before in this thread (I have tried to use the search function, but no luck), but I was wondering what type of hook-up wire to use for the outgoing signal, the one going from the amplifier modules to the speaker binding posts. I understand these wires will be unshielded and are to be twisted, but what type/size (alloy/awg) would be best to use? I am sure this is something that one could have endless discussions about and that this would be a point of debate among the real audiofreaks (no offence) but what I am looking for is something that would be a reasonable match between amp and materials. In other words: what would be the minimum awg and quality of the wire to not let the excellent specs of the ncore go to waste?

Thanks in advance,

Bultrug

Hey guys,

I am planning a build with ncore and therefore I am currently making a list of the materials I need.

I don't know if this has been addressed before in this thread (I have tried to use the search function, but no luck), but I was wondering what type of hook-up wire to use for the outgoing signal, the one going from the amplifier modules to the speaker binding posts. I understand these wires will be unshielded and are to be twisted, but what type/size (alloy/awg) would be best to use? I am sure this is something that one could have endless discussions about and that this would be a point of debate among the real audiofreaks (no offence) but what I am looking for is something that would be a reasonable match between amp and materials. In other words: what would be the minimum awg and quality of the wire to not let the excellent specs of the ncore go to waste?

Thanks in advance,

Bultrug

Hi,

I used the VanDenHul SCS-12, it's nice, good quality but pretty hard to twist. I guess there will be others but this one works fine for me.

Succes!

Status
Not open for further replies.