Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need your help...please!!!

Hi
Finally i got my Ncore's and i just put the amp together....but....
I just got a little thiny fizzy sound:h_ache:. I really tried to connect everything as mentioned in the manual but something must be wrong and i could not found out what it is. Could somebody have a look on the pictures? (i tried the searchfunction but i did not found anything that could help me!)
Thanks a lot!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Do all the red LED's light up on the NC400 modules?

you mean because he doesn't have the Nampon wires grounded?

the black wires that are floating in the pictures need to be attached to ground to take the amp out of standby mode, RTFM.

Also get all that extra AC cable out of there and off the SMPS heatsink. it however is not the problem you have right now. Never attach a piece of plastic to a heat sink, especially when that plastic is holding your AC!

Alan Garren

Hi Stig, Hi Alan
Thanks for answering!
Yes the red LEDS light up. The small black wires are connected normaly to the ground - (white plastic with the yellow earth/wire-but not on the picture!).

Alan, I will change the layout again, but it has to work first. Thanks for your advise!

As i said before i can hear the music out from the loudspeaker but it sounds very low, thiny and fuzzy ... and i can hear the music also from the amp!!!....strange! Any idea??:confused:

Last edited:
Hey guys, since you are at it, I need some constructive criticism. Do you see anything I should have done differently apart from twisting the output cables and the power cable of the SMPS as Audioschipper pointed out? Should I also twist the mains and the aux power (to the button led) cables?

I have some very low power humming when I put my ear 5cm from the speaker, is that to be expected or is it the untwisted cables.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 653
Hey guys, since you are at it, I need some constructive criticism. Do you see anything I should have done differently apart from twisting the output cables and the power cable of the SMPS as Audioschipper pointed out? Should I also twist the mains and the aux power (to the button led) cables?

I have some very low power humming when I put my ear 5cm from the speaker, is that to be expected or is it the untwisted cables.
Thanks!

If I remember correctly the speaker outputs on the NCore should ideally not be on opposite sides. I think Bruno taked about the inductor introducing unnecessary noise into output if that was done.

Should I also twist the mains and the aux power (to the button led) cables?

Thanks!

the aux power is dc and twisting is not needed.

mains AC to the switch? twisted with opposite leg yes.

None of this should make a difference in audible hum level. Unplug the audio feeds to the amp, still humming? then there is an assembly error somewhere. No hum? Ground loop in the system.

Alan Garren

the aux power is dc and twisting is not needed.

mains AC to the switch? twisted with opposite leg yes.

None of this should make a difference in audible hum level. Unplug the audio feeds to the amp, still humming? then there is an assembly error somewhere. No hum? Ground loop in the system.

Alan Garren

Thanks Alan, I will try that tomorrow. Please excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean "..with opposite leg"?

Status
Not open for further replies.