Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the NCore modules on the larger Magenpan panels (4Ohm, 84dB) ?

Besides a soldering iron, wire cutters, crimpers and VOM, is anything else needed to assemble and test these modules (e.g. is a scope required)?

I would love to get my hands on the larger boards to see how they compare against my Mark Levinson #336 amp (350, 700 and 1,400 wpc into 8, 4 and 2 Ohms respectively).

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
Tim

If you buy the NCores and dedicated SMPS it will come with all connecting cables, so very little additional wiring will be required. No real need for a scope and you could probably live without the VOM!

Biggest issue is likely to be feeding the output cables into the screw-down connection points on the pbc, but the use of suitable spades will make that painless enough.

Very few DIY barriers to Ncore ownership.

Mark

Tim

If you buy the NCores and dedicated SMPS it will come with all connecting cables, so very little additional wiring will be required. No real need for a scope and you could probably live without the VOM!

Biggest issue is likely to be feeding the output cables into the screw-down connection points on the pbc, but the use of suitable spades will make that painless enough.

Very few DIY barriers to Ncore ownership.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the quick feedback. The screw-down terminals do not look difficult (unless I am missing something).

Sincerely,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.