ICEpower 50asx2 modules - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2013, 07:15 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

Thank you!!!! i think this is resistor. can you attach photo of it?
Old 22nd July 2013, 05:03 PM   #42
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokessd View Post
Yoke -

You need a phase inverter, something second nature for us old guys who are familiar with tubes. If you had a balanced input, you already have an inverted phase, but if you are doing single ended inputs, you'll want to build one. I built one from a dual op-amp. The input signal goes to the non-inverting input of one amp, and the inverting input of the other amp. I've got the amps setup for a gain of 2. so one amp output goes to channel input 1 and the other amp output goes to channel input 2 on the ICEPower amp.

Hello,

I have a question, if I understand correctly the 50ASX2 BTL needs, necessarily, one signal phase shifter to be used?

type ..Unbalanced to balanced stereo preamplifier for BTL ! | eBay
Old 28th December 2013, 10:43 PM   #43
styppen is offline styppen  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Hello everybody, I'm a newbie here so don't be harsh with me

I'm quite new to this audio segment and I have a question regarding the 50ASX2 module.

I failed to spot this module in the wild with volume control. I started to wonder whether having a volume pot on this module is even possible.

Could one of you pros shed some light on this topic please?

thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 10:25 AM   #44
Nisbeth is offline Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

You could probably connect a 10k volume pot directly to the input and get sound, but the modules are designed to be driven from a low-impedance source. This usually implies some buffer in between the pot and the ASX to get the impedances right :-)

/U.
Old 30th December 2013, 02:18 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisbeth View Post
You could probably connect a 10k volume pot directly to the input and get sound, but the modules are designed to be driven from a low-impedance source. This usually implies some buffer in between the pot and the ASX to get the impedances right :-)

/U.
what you think about input line transformer?
my friend gave me a line transformer Audio Tekne 2:1 , between m-audio 410 and 50ASX2, the result was fantastic, very rich sound!!!
is it possible to use OEP, lundhal, sowter transformer to put a low impedance signal into the 50ASX2 like the Audio Tekne working?
Old 15th January 2014, 11:58 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone!
My first post.
Writing through online translator.
I am looking for a link to the full scheme ICEpower50ASX2 for repair.
Not necessarily an exact match can be another module.
I want to try to recover his work.
Ice is very cold!
Old 19th January 2014, 06:36 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigErik View Post
I dont think you can rewire a 50ASX2 stereo to become a BTL. The BTL module is missing som parts compared to the stereo module, at least there is only one output choke.

What you can do is to feed them balanced signal from you DCX, connect speaker to both "hot" outputs, and hope for the best. It will work, but if its any good I cant tell.
I used modules SE BTL mode. Need ustonovit moschny jumper between two negative outputs of the module.
In its implementation of the buffer I applied on the lamp fahoinvertor Lundahl transformer.
Impressions are the best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ???? 4.jpg (504.1 KB, 233 views)
Old 21st January 2014, 09:45 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

Sorry I do not know much about electronics, I am going to buy the 50ASX BTL versión. I am not sure whether I should implement the connections shown in "Figure 17: Wiring diagram for the BTL module " or I just need to connect the audio source output Vout to Vin Channel 1 (leaving channel 2 unconnected). One more doubt: I have read about the need of an input buffer. In my case I will connect a DCX2496 (with modifications for volumen control) to this amp. Should a buffer be needed in this case? How can I know if I need it?
Old 1st April 2014, 07:38 PM   #49
styppen is offline styppen  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Hi!

I blew both fuses on the AUX power supply (don't ask how) and I would like to replace them.

So far, I found out that the fuse's specs are 250V, 400mA TE5 package. I also found some post claiming that they are made by Littelfuse.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a proper fuse replacement with said specs from Littelfuse. I've been looking all over Farnell but without success.

Could someone please help me out?
Old 4th April 2014, 03:00 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

goto digikey.com
they have these fuses te5
400ma (only take slow blow ones, the fast blow will burn immediately with even small load)
part number: F5513CT-ND

Last edited by tamazi; 4th April 2014 at 03:04 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!