Subamp 1000w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I'm thinking about building a amp with 2x 1000w @4ohm, for my future dual sealed subwoofers (Tempest x-2 15").
Do you know any good kit for this application, i would prefer a module with a amp and a smps in one "card" and use two of these. Like the b&o 1000w modules, they are a little bit out of my budget i think. Im am seeking something below 550€ if thats possible?

Best regards
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian.

Its exciting to talk about 2x 1000w amplifiers into 4 ohms, my advice is to step back a bit and understand power in a circuit. Sadly the automotive audio industry gets carried away with higher
and higher wattage as a misled form of trying to market their product against the next business selling
a similar thing.

Whilst Peak power is temporarily somewhere it all comes back to how much a circuit and the wires attaching can deliver My advice is to consider the whole design and try and get a listen to Quads ESL57 arguably one of the finest speakers ever made. If you can you will start to appreciate sub bass is maybe not quite as important, as you first think.

Cheers / Chris

Hi Sebastian.

Its exciting to talk about 2x 1000w amplifiers into 4 ohms, my advice is to step back a bit and understand power in a circuit. Sadly the automotive audio industry gets carried away with higher
and higher wattage as a misled form of trying to market their product against the next business selling
a similar thing.

Whilst Peak power is temporarily somewhere it all comes back to how much a circuit and the wires attaching can deliver My advice is to consider the whole design and try and get a listen to Quads ESL57 arguably one of the finest speakers ever made. If you can you will start to appreciate sub bass is maybe not quite as important, as you first think.

Cheers / Chris

I don't really get what you are trying to say..
..but now im looking for a amp and not a whole new system! I will buy the tempest's and i am now searching for a amp to power the subs. :)

I don't really get what you are trying to say..
..but now im looking for a amp and not a whole new system! I will buy the tempest's and i am now searching for a amp to power the subs. :)

Hi Tigerpolis
I gather you are presently in the world of car audio and thats great.

When you get back to the house, and the car is safely in the garage
Try as I say to hear a good pair of Quad ESL57's designed by Peter Walker and released in 1957. Other electrostatics like Martin Logans do similar things, but 57's are special when partnered with the right amplifier - my favourite is the Quad 303

It may provide insight into other important areas of audio frequency rather than just sub bass and educative toward understanding the possibilities of sound. There are many diy audio forum comments about the 57, as it is held in very high regard. One magazine a few years ago went so far as the best hifi product of all time - well as i understand up to when the article was published, but I understand their enthusiasm.

Cheers / Chris

Hi Tigerpolis
I gather you are presently in the world of car audio and thats great.

When you get back to the house, and the car is safely in the garage
Try as I say to hear a good pair of Quad ESL57's designed by Peter Walker and released in 1957. Other electrostatics like Martin Logans do similar things, but 57's are special when partnered with the right amplifier - my favourite is the Quad 303

It may provide insight into other important areas of audio frequency rather than just sub bass and educative toward understanding the possibilities of sound. There are many diy audio forum comments about the 57, as it is held in very high regard. One magazine a few years ago went so far as the best hifi product of all time - well as i understand up to when the article was published, but I understand their enthusiasm.

Cheers / Chris

No.no.no this is for home audio application! :)

/S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.