Yet another IRS2092 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i bought some irfb4227, irf640 and t_130-2 my power supply is +/- 63v , R gate driver 10 ohms . is it okie ? last time, i test my design in break board it resets when clip like yr .maybe pin ocset or DC protect works not right ,have u fix your amps ?
i hope my amps 7 works good .:D
philip .
Regard !

The resetting when hard clipping is an odd problem.
I found substituting another 2092 often fixed the problem.
Found the same with the crack through speaker on power off.

To stop the resetting when hard clipping try putting limiter zeners back to back on the front end to limit voltage excursion. Put a resistor in series so the zeners arent overloaded.

I haven't seen reports of any chips doing it on either the reference board or the clasDaudio boards. Have you tried the chips you're having "problems" with using the reference design?

I dont have access to the reference board.

The crack through the loudspeaker on power down is just silly, the 2092 is supposed to have anti click/pop circuitry in it.

As for resetting during hard clipping then perhaps I am just forcing too many volts into the input and upsetting the 2092 ? I do know of one other person who had the same problem but like me it was hard clipping. During normal use it is fine.

The reference design is published, including board layout. The "crack" could be a number of things but I'd guess that you've got the low voltage regulator wrong somehow . . .

I did have some problems with the low voltage regulator with spikes on the supply. This caused spikes on the audio out. I fixed this with a 100nf right next to the regulator and a 100uf right next to the 2092.

I did have some problems with the low voltage regulator with spikes on the supply. This caused spikes on the audio out. I fixed this with a 100nf right next to the regulator and a 100uf right next to the 2092.
That's . . . odd . . . what caused the "spike" problem? What's the UVP trigger voltage, and is it working (idle question . . . obviously it's not or you wouldn't get shutdown noise)?

for what I can tell, only shutdown noise you get is if your supply for fets falls before main goes low enough

I am using the circuit off the datasheet so all should be OK component wise.

The power off crack improves with VAA and VSS decoupling from 10uf to 22uf. Sometimes after half a dozen power offs it disappears of its own accord !

Found this in the datasheet concerning hard clipping.
R1 is the input resistor:

Note that this condition also limits the maximum
audio input voltage feeding into R1. If this
condition is exceeded, the amplifier stops its
oscillation during the operation period. This
allows a 100% modulation index; however, a
care should be taken so that the high side
floating supply does not decay due to a lack of
low side pulse ON state.

hard clipping is always a problem, I guess IRS is part of the amps that stop osc. while they need to output one or the other rail...and the problems that come with that

If the input voltage exceeds the max triangular wave voltage then the output will switch high and stay there until the input voltage falls again or Vbs discharges completely.

and what kinda peak voltage must you put to it, to clip the amp?
have you every try any different resistor value and/or gain?

I havent altered the values from the datasheet. Gain is 14.

I am used to class AB amps accepting hard clipping so this is a bit strange.
I can understand why the problem occurrs just not sure of a solution.
I suppose I could put back to back zeners on the input to reduce the input voltage to safe level.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.