Need help with zx750.1 with no sound - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2011, 05:23 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need help with zx750.1 with no sound

I have tested it all the way to the amp being the problem. The speaker works fine 14.2 volts power and switched grounds and even swapped wires with an amp that is still working and same result no sound. I opened the amp and I see no soot on any of the components and no visual damage. I have tested the transistors and they all tested consistant which i kind of expected since it wasnt going into protect mode. Now i'm just looking for a little guidance. The last moments it worked it was doing fine then turned down the radio well phone interupted the signal and the speaker just started burping and I couldn't get it to stop even turning off the radio. After about 10 minutes there was aloud almost scratching sound and I havn't heard anything out of it since.
Old 9th May 2011, 02:26 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

If it helps I could add pictures if that is need just tell me what you need.
Old 11th May 2011, 07:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

What kind of sub? If you press down the cone, does it make a scratching sound? Did you check all your power cable? I've had subs make that distorted whuk sound when the battery was way dead and when I blew the wire off the coil.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:34 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

hey it's a solo baric L7. The way I have it hooked up right now is 2 750.1 amps are running my 2 solo baric L7 subs. So after the noises I thought maybe the same thing you did and I hooked the sub up to my other amp and it run perfectly. So the sub is not the issue. Then I moved the amp into the position of my secound amp using all its power and grounds to single that part out. The amp still comes on with a green light but no sound from the sub. I switch the good amp back and sound was restored so it is definatly something inside the bad amp. Thanks for the reply.

Hide this!Advertise here!