How much power is Needed? Multi Channel vs Pro Amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If the setup is 90 dB/1w1m and let's say you are sitting approximate 5 meters away.
I would say that a loud listening level is around 96-97 dB from your position (5 meters away). With 90dB/1w1m that would be around 110-140 watts of true power for your system.
I would personally get 200 Watts because then you will have more free room to adjust the sound pressure and also keep the THD lower.

Regards,

Simon H.A.

You should have more power for the subwoofer than the other speakers since the human ear are less sensitive to deep frequency.
I've attached a table that shows the human ears response to different frequencies in the audible range.
As you can see the lower frequencies are not as represent as the other frequencies especially at lower sound pressures. Take this in account when you need to find out how many watts of power you need for your setup.

Regards,

Simon H.A.

Attachments

• Billede1.jpg
    Billede1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 86
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.