stereo inputs to mono output on sure ta2024? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2011, 08:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default stereo inputs to mono output on sure ta2024?

hi, i just finished wiring a small outdoor boombox with a ta2024, sounds great but i am only getting one channel output as it is a single speaker. is there a simple way to turn the stereo input into a mono output from the speaker? the friend i got the amp from seemed to think that only having one speaker attached would output the stereo source over the single speaker.

sorry i am typing this from my phone, apologies for mistakes. Also i am rubbish at trying to explain what i mean and dont know the lingo.

thanks and regards!
Old 30th April 2011, 09:11 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Just connect the two channels together.
Old 30th April 2011, 09:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

how would i connect the two channels? it says not to short the outputs together as they arent on the same net.

thx
Old 30th April 2011, 09:37 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Then put 100r resistors in series with each channel then short them.

My ipod works fine with them shorted.
Old 30th April 2011, 10:03 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

A 100r resistor on each channel Then positive from one channels terminal to the others negative terminal and a wire between the other negative and positive? Sorry its been a while since i did any electronics at all, appreciate your suggestions.
Old 30th April 2011, 10:43 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeway View Post
A 100r resistor on each channel Then positive from one channels terminal to the others negative terminal and a wire between the other negative and positive? Sorry its been a while since i did any electronics at all, appreciate your suggestions.
A 100r in series with each channel then join the output from the resistors together. Then connect the earths together.
Old 30th April 2011, 11:21 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thanks, think ive got it now.
Old 1st May 2011, 09:56 AM   #8
teamacc is offline teamacc  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeway View Post
hi, i just finished wiring a small outdoor boombox with a ta2024, sounds great but i am only getting one channel output as it is a single speaker. is there a simple way to turn the stereo input into a mono output from the speaker? the friend i got the amp from seemed to think that only having one speaker attached would output the stereo source over the single speaker.

sorry i am typing this from my phone, apologies for mistakes. Also i am rubbish at trying to explain what i mean and dont know the lingo.

thanks and regards!
You CANNOT bridge most of the tripath boards, as they are already bridged internally. The ta2024 cannot be bridged.
Old 1st May 2011, 09:35 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

good job I hadn'tt ried that yet! Am i doomed to half power then? Bah sounds good anyways

Hide this!Advertise here!