Where too start

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to give this DIY lark a go. My setup was a full Arcam Alpha 9. CD, Intergrated AMP, 2 Power AMPS running a set of Mission 753's. Sadly i had to get rid of it as baby on the way. These days have gone and now it's time i enjoyed my self.

Im very confused with whats what or even if this is the right section.

Can someone please give me some guideance and direction to what i should be doing 1st.

I started by doing simple mods to existing equipment in order to practice removing components and replacing them. Work on something that you can afford to lose if it goes tits-up, or buy an old CD player or amp and practice on that.

You could build a gainclone by using this schematic. Just solder each component to each other, you don't need a circuit board.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Where in the UK are you?

I started by doing simple mods to existing equipment in order to practice removing components and replacing them. Work on something that you can afford to lose if it goes tits-up, or buy an old CD player or amp and practice on that.

You could build a gainclone by using this schematic. Just solder each component to each other, you don't need a circuit board.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Where in the UK are you?

Portishead, Bristol, M5 J19. Ya self?

I've no hifi at all but my Mission 752 Freedoms i am rebuilding as we speak. I've been using my iphone via airplay on my BoseSound Dock but it's now time to go back.

I've the Playstation on the way to do some mods too for a CDP but still need amps and stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.