TDA8924 filter inductor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, Recently I've been hanging around those all-in-one package chips that philips offer and I gotta tell you they sound pretty good but my problem is that the inductors that I use run at 40-50C degrees or so no matter on the load conditions.. I was told by many people that I needed the iron powder cored ones but this stuff always gets on my nerves what inductors should I use for this?

switching frequency is around 310kHz
currently I have setup on the LC a 15uH 6A iron powder core inductor (link below) and a 1uF cap.

VISHAY DALE|IHLP4040DZER150M11|INDUCTOR, 15UH, 20%, 6A | Farnell United Kingdom

Attachments

• dclss.jpg
    dclss.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IHLP-4040DZ.PDF
    131.6 KB · Views: 61
Do you mean the toroid of the amplifier ?

I run my class d amps at 200KHz and they dont get hot at idle.
The toroid shouldnt get warm either.

No, I meant the the chip itself. Could be because it's giving 50% duty cycle with a little shout-through. I guess if I turn the frequency down to 200 I won't get that quality and it not that big of a deal..

Also if I wind my own toroid is it better to use a couple thinner wires or a single thick one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.