Sure TA2024 - Metal Chassis - Speaker Pop Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've recently purchased Sure's TA2024 "All-in-one" amp (pic below).

I noticed upon hooking it up, that it popped my speakers badly. It was violent enough to move my 6.5" midbass to full excursion.

I disconnected everything except for power, and then used a multimeter across the speaker outputs. It read a constant 2v!!! This wasn't possible in my mind, as if this was the case, my speaker would have moved to full excursion and stayed there.

I hooked the input back up and noticed that the voltage dropped back down (still had some DC offset, but that's another problem). Still had speaker pop on power on though.

So my question is - is this behavior normal? With speaker pop this severe, I'm afraid to hook it up to more sensitive speakers. I did some searching and saw some solutions like tying the on switch to a mute pin, but wasn't sure if it was for situations this severe.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.sureelectronics.net/images/201005/1274439983841553576.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.