irs2092 osc freq prob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone, i have some probleme with the irs2092.
my oscillating frequency is NOT constant, its as if the triangle wave did not exist, the oscillating frequency is the same frequency im putting in..

i've done the suggested circuit in the datasheet! with some upgrade like zeners and blabla.. the power bridge is working damn well tho but i'll need to adjust some of the OCS setting for low Zout.

any suggestion would be appreciate

the probleme is not decoupling i was really careful about it.. i have cap everywhere in my design, the fact is that my oscillation frequency isnt constant, i put a 1khz sinus wave as input, and its the frequency i get on the comp pin.. dunno why

You can check the osc frequency on the output as there is a residual on the output signal. My 2092 circuit runs at around 200KHz.

You can also check pre inductor for the osc frequency.

In general, in phase-shift self oscillating circuits, when playing 1khz at full output, both the 1Khz component and the carrier (oscillation) component should appear at the input of the comparator with equal amplitude. That's how modulation takes place.

Hi, i didnt know it was a phased-shift oscillator, in fact i never heard of these before.. i just looked them out a bit as you say it.. i tought it was generating a triangle wave whom was comparated with my input signal, it explains some things!

in attachement i have put the comp pin with no input (the triangle) and with sinus input. is it normal, then, that i have a triangle wave of 1MHz ? is it the anti-glicht system ? cause it does not appears every time...

Also, the high side OC set up if i put a cap to the ground as output filter.. do you have any idea ? i have tried from 10uH to 250uH and it doesnt seem to change anything

and i almost forgot.. the supply power seem to have much variation when i put a load, even if i put many cap.. nothing heat tho

this chip is more fun then i thought :p

Attachments

• comparator out.JPG
    comparator out.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 338
  • trinagle.JPG
    trinagle.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 323
YES, its all good i have a sweet pwm output, but If i adjust my oscillator frequency, it goes bad! i think its because im on breadboard, in fact im almost sure its for that. tho i have adjusted, with a pot, the oscillator resistance to get something OK and put a buffer before the amp input to adjust impedances.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.