I got my Topping TP30 today...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...and all I have to say is WOW! This little thing was pushing a pair of Polk audio R50 tower speakers with little effort from what I could tell. The clarity was blinding!

I've been listened to Dimmu Borgir, Black Sabbath, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, and the Macross Plus sound track most of the day and I was stunned at the capabilities of this device. I think the only thing that would have made this better was if the amp had a optical input and my CD player had a optical output... and I haven't even got to the usb dac yet either.

My CD player is a JVC model XL-V85BK that I got at good will for $10. I used generic ratshack interconnects, generic PE banana plugs which terminated a set of 14ga. coral cable speaker wires. I plan on testing this little guy with some other speakers from around the house. A pair of Canton Karat 920's should give it a run and then my minimus 7's too. I have a pair of Scan-speak tweeters and a pair of Peerless 6.5's I might throw in to a box and see what happens. I also have my Kenwood KL-777's which need work, but still sound good.

More to come, pics are attached.

Attachments

• 1301951990530.jpg
    1301951990530.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 1301954841127.jpg
    1301954841127.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 185
Thanks. I did notice that the low-end is lacking a bit. I've been running my Canton's and the bass is sometimes not there at all. Though I am wondering if it is because the bookshelves are sitting on stands in the middle of my living room :D

I will switch to a CD with more bass and see if it just my selection. Maybe some Megadeth or something more to the electro-industrial side of the fence. I also plan to switch back and forth between the towers and bookshelves.

Oh the fun of breaking in a new amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.