PWM amplification with I2S input? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st March 2011, 09:26 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default PWM amplification with I2S input?

OK,

I have looked around a bit and haven't found anything that addresses my interest. Pretty sure I have the right subforum. I don't know a lot about electronics.

I have been looking at the miniDSP/DIGI/AMP combo for running a 2.2 system (Stereo system but passive crossover for mid/high and seperate boxes for subs that will be underneath the mains~ but essentially 2 floorstanders).

While I have confirmed with the miniDSP sellers that I could setup a system with 1x DSP 1x DIGI & 2x AMP for 4 channels of 20watts/8ohm I was wondering if anyone knew of any higher output amp sets out there that take I2S input from the miniDSP?

I am planning high efficiency line arrays and horn loaded subs but would still like 100+ watts of power at my disposal for house parties etc. I am not a critical listener just a*** retentive about best bang for buck lol.

My goal is to have fully digital signal chain with DSP system for EQ/sub Crossover. I would enjoy making it a fully active 3 way system but cannot afford double the amount of dsp components.

I am hoping to spend roughly $1000 for my full setup including speakers. Current plans leave about $300-$400 for amplification/processing. All of my sources are S/PDIF. Nearly 100% recorded music content is expected.

Any recommendations of alternate setups is also appreciated.
Old 31st March 2011, 09:56 AM   #2
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
all you would need is DAC, to make analog signal from I2S, and then you can use any amp
texas instruments have DSP, which outputs PWM for their PWM input amps, this is the other fully digital sulution that I know of
Old 31st March 2011, 11:19 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

The miniDSP can output analog as a DAC and DSP if I wanted and then run analog amplification. I was just interested in full digital amplification as the miniDSP also outputs I2S or a number of other formats such as S/PDIF.

Last edited by Mitch311; 31st March 2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:34 AM   #4
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
in this price range there is also
TAS3308 Low Cost Evaluation Module - TAS3308EVM-LC - TI Tool Folder

but what you want for amplifier is up to you, there are several options, probably not many ready made

Hide this!Advertise here!