What TK2050 amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I've recently moved to Australia (was only meant to be a holiday...), so I'm effectively starting my system from scratch again. I'm building some BIB boxed Fostex FE206En speakers in the next couple of weeks, but I want a nice amp to drive them. I've had modified T-amps & charlize amps in the past and really enjoyed them, so I'm looking at the TK2050 amps now. There seem to be a lot of options out there and I'm just looking for opinions from people much better judged than I!

Sure Electronics 2*100w, volume board & 27V SMPS - $103.40 + box
Hifimediy T2 & Meanwell 27v SMPS - $115 + RCA + speaker posts + box
Dayton DTA-100A - $118.60
(prices in AUD and including shipping)

As I'm in a new country, I have none of my stuff here, so I'm starting from scratch. I do have a rough chassis I can use for an amp though. I don't want to modify the board.

I was leaning towards the Sure electronics board until I found the Dayton and I'm slightly leaning towards it for simplicity factor. However, if it's significantly worse than the other two than I don't want to compromise. Are there any other boards I should consider? Budget is about $150 maximum!

Some opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.