new 600W and 300Wx2 at sure electronics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At that power level, a Tripath amp would require the driver IC (either TC200x or TA3020) and 4 external FETs. A one chip solution is of course the easier and cheaper choice.

At the same time, these new boards are about the same price as similar TK2050 and TA3020 solutions from Hifimediy and Connex.

I ask because the future of Tripath's technology has been murky for some time now. It could be that it's getting harder to obtain stock, or other chips now offer similar sound quality for less hassle.

They are not in stock yet, but I noticed these this morning.
300W x 2
600W mono

There is a note on each product page about a single hand-built prototype being available for $5 off the usual price. Who will bite?

Power supply: 20V to 50V
Channel Separation: >89 dB 1 kHz
Dynamic Range: >100 dB
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz(±3dB)
Signal/Noise Ratio: 100dB(A-Weighted)
High Output Power
200W @ 8Ω, < 0.40% THD+N
600W @ 2Ω, < 10% THD+N:eek:
Operating Temperature: 0℃ to 50℃
Storage Temperature: -20℃ to 105℃

hi,
I went to the site and ordered one ,BIG banner said no ways yet,did say they had some hand wired boards for $5.00 off no guarantees,also no stock on them either,so hurry up and wait,lol. I have 2 of the 4 x100 watt ones sound great,I am still playing with the gainclones the sure amps replaced them but were not equal so I got to experament a little with them ,I am running 4 way active xovers and the sures are on the highs and mids with 150 gainclones on the woofers and 350 on the sub,,,,,would like that 600 on the sub.....lol.
Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.