Cant find + & - on a Helder tube preamp??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You have a bunch of electrolydic caps on the board. The negative side of the caps should be marked clearly. If you find that they are all conected to a large trace that is most likely ground for the board. The trace should also go to one of the pins on the green connector. An ohmeter would be verry usefull to confirm this, as would be a schematic. I also see a three terminal regulator, what is the number on it?

You have a bunch of electrolydic caps on the board. The negative side of the caps should be marked clearly. If you find that they are all conected to a large trace that is most likely ground for the board. The trace should also go to one of the pins on the green connector. An ohmeter would be verry usefull to confirm this, as would be a schematic. I also see a three terminal regulator, what is the number on it?

It looks like the ground "print" is on the right side on the caps
When i see the PCP through a light the ground "print" is going in on the right side on the green terminal. But the area under the terminal is not possible to see anything?

I am afraid of damaging the preamp?

It was the left one. Now its playing. Case closed :D

The preamp adds a lot of gain and a smoother sound with a little bit more body.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Superlian,

which source do you use with this combination? I'm planing to use this preamp with the TA2020 Helder hifi.

By the way, does the pre amp and TA202 board use the same power supply? I have a SMPS 14 V DC now, do I have to get an extra 12V DC for the pre amp section, or can I use the same one?

Sorry if this question may sound stupid...
Cheers

Hi Superlian,

which source do you use with this combination? I'm planing to use this preamp with the TA2020 Helder hifi.

By the way, does the pre amp and TA202 board use the same power supply? I have a SMPS 14 V DC now, do I have to get an extra 12V DC for the pre amp section, or can I use the same one?

Sorry if this question may sound stupid...
Cheers

The preamp doesnt need much power. It is sufficient to share the SMPS with the t-amp. I dont know if 14 volt is to much for the preamp. I think you should use max 13 volt until you get correct info from Arjen Helder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.