Class D Amp with LM566,LM393 and 2XIRF530 - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st January 2013, 01:49 PM   #281
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagark View Post
woking in full power ??
Full power with +/-50V but only short time for test, mosfets need heatsink to work long time at full power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d200x10.JPG (779.4 KB, 929 views)
Old 31st January 2013, 05:20 PM   #282
IRSound is offline IRSound  Germany
diyAudio Member

Mile,

Did you measure FSW with scope before filter ? first time i measured it wasn't 450K. it was 170KHz.
Old 31st January 2013, 05:46 PM   #283
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSound View Post
Mile,

Did you measure FSW with scope before filter ? first time i measured it wasn't 450K. it was 170KHz.
It was 430kHz, can you change FSW with pot on your amp?
Old 31st January 2013, 08:11 PM   #284
diyAudio Member

yes , i could at that time. but after changing feedback network with single 100k resistor like detex amps. now days i'm working on another design.(DETEX IRS + APEX D200)

i think detex irs series amp have some problems in design which i wasn't found them on your amp. (watch my irs-1500 test video) now i want to mix them to achieve a better design.

also high temp is almost ok. but we need to choose the best value for R gate to reduce switching losses. using IRFB4227 or simillar fets which need high current gate drivers isn't good for IR2110. more IR2110 heating and more switching losses.

Regards
Old 31st January 2013, 09:11 PM   #285
diyAudio Member

Quote:
yes , i could at that time. but after changing feedback network with single 100k resistor like detex amps. now days i'm working on another design.(DETEX IRS + APEX D200)

i think detex irs series amp have some problems in design which i wasn't found them on your amp. (watch my irs-1500 test video) now i want to mix them to achieve a better design.

also high temp is almost ok. but we need to choose the best value for R gate to reduce switching losses. using IRFB4227 or simillar fets which need high current gate drivers isn't good for IR2110. more IR2110 heating and more switching losses.

Regards
D200 is basic design and can be upgrade with gate drivers... what do you want use from detex irs?
Regards
Old 31st January 2013, 10:21 PM   #286
Nagark is offline Nagark  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Nagark Send a message via MSN to Nagark Send a message via Skype™ to Nagark
Quote:

Regards
And if you try to put a small piece of aluminum on top of the ci
might have some positive result
but in my opinion it would be better to change the project and try to implement a discrete drive circuit
Any problem with grammar please complain to mr google translator
Old 1st February 2013, 12:39 AM   #287
diyAudio Member

Quote:
what do you want use from detex irs?
first time i run the D200 , it have some problems , maybe because of changing PCB or part mistakes. but after some changes , it starts working with no problem. i set that trimpot for having 250KHz before filter.

I test both D200 and IRS-1500D. in my tests , IRS have some problem before starting oscillation. when we apply voltages to the amp , IRS doesn't start oscillation and active LED is off. just like your amp (check on scope) , also your amp doesn't start oscillation before apply input signal.

but the first problem with lowest level input is a little noise can be hear form IRS. i uploaded a video on my channel @ youtube about that.

after applying input to the amp , your amp start oscillation and there is no problem but 4227s get warm maybe due to their high Ciss or low gate charging current. so as i mentioned before , temp rising was my problem.

but in IRS , like the video , when i increase the source volume up to 5% it wasn't oscillate in correct way. i couldn't understand why and no ones tell me about that !
but after 8% volume , active LED bright constantly and amp start to oscillate @ 250KHz and everything will be ok after that. i don't know it's my problem or another people have same problems.

- I think the IRS problem is CD4049(VCC) and IR2110(VDD) supply. in your amp they're connected to a +5v line via 78L05. but in IRS they're connected to +12v bias via 100 Ohm resistor.

what you think mile ?

Regards
Old 1st February 2013, 07:38 AM   #288
diyAudio Member

Quote:
first time i run the D200 , it have some problems , maybe because of changing PCB or part mistakes. but after some changes , it starts working with no problem. i set that trimpot for having 250KHz before filter.

I test both D200 and IRS-1500D. in my tests , IRS have some problem before starting oscillation. when we apply voltages to the amp , IRS doesn't start oscillation and active LED is off. just like your amp (check on scope) , also your amp doesn't start oscillation before apply input signal.

but the first problem with lowest level input is a little noise can be hear form IRS. i uploaded a video on my channel @ youtube about that.

after applying input to the amp , your amp start oscillation and there is no problem but 4227s get warm maybe due to their high Ciss or low gate charging current. so as i mentioned before , temp rising was my problem.

but in IRS , like the video , when i increase the source volume up to 5% it wasn't oscillate in correct way. i couldn't understand why and no ones tell me about that !
but after 8% volume , active LED bright constantly and amp start to oscillate @ 250KHz and everything will be ok after that. i don't know it's my problem or another people have same problems.

- I think the IRS problem is CD4049(VCC) and IR2110(VDD) supply. in your amp they're connected to a +5v line via 78L05. but in IRS they're connected to +12v bias via 100 Ohm resistor.

what you think mile ?

Regards
You can use 74HC04 or 74HC14 instead CD4049 and supply with +5 v via 78L05.
Regards
Old 1st February 2013, 08:54 AM   #289
diyAudio Member

do you have any other recommendation about IRS problem ?

CD4049 datasheet :
Features
• CD4049UB Inverting
• CD4050B Non-Inverting
• High Sink Current for Driving 2 TTL Loads
• High-To-Low Level Logic Conversion
• 100% Tested for Quiescent Current at 20V
• Maximum Input Current of 1μA at 18V Over Full Package
Temperature Range; 100nA at 18V and 25oC
• 5V, 10V and 15V Parametric Ratings

they're CMOS , it works with 5v supply also.

Regards
Old 1st February 2013, 09:48 AM   #290
manojtm is offline manojtm  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
You can use 74HC04 or 74HC14 instead CD4049 and supply with +5 v via 78L05.
Hi IR,

74HC04 and CD4049 not a pin to pin use cd4069 is pin to pin for 74hc04.

your problem was in level shifter point(5401). adjust the resistor value for the inverter input.

for IRS900 change 4k7 to 1k5 and 6k8 to 10k
change signal input resistor 1k to 2k(pin-2 of TLO71)

regards
MANOJ

Last edited by manojtm; 1st February 2013 at 09:51 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!