Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

Or you can place an order with itead studio and get ten boards for 28 us dollars shipped, though this requires having access to the PCB gerber files, which i'd guess is a well regarded secret locked away at apex's PC. Assuming Apex dident just draw his pcb's with a picture editing program such as photoshop, ms paint or similar.

and no norazmi, you cannot use a LS series ic, the circuit assumes and requires a HC series ic which is a mosfet based ic wheres the LS series is bipolar transistor based, the LS series is also much slower.

thanks Tekko....

D

Deleted member 148505

Hi Azmi,

I've traced the circuit for the protection. It uses 2 of the NAND gates(pins 1 to 6) for shutdown control, the input for the pins 1 and 2 of 74HC00 (encircled in the attached pic) is normally "low", when there's a voltage across the current sensing resistor, pins 1 and 2 will go "high", resulting pin 6 to output high then triggers the SD pin of IR2110.

But there's no delay for the trigger, the 47uf connected in pin 5 is only for startup delay.
I'm afraid the protection will loop fast (assuming current sensing in speaker out works) and might lead to mosfet destruction.

Attachments

• APEX UCD2002.jpg
    APEX UCD2002.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 1,761
Last edited by a moderator: