Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

A basic rule of thumb for class d is that if you don't have an oscilloscope, do NOT build a class d amp!! Especially not one that exceed a few watts of power.

To build a class D amp, a Oscope is a must!! It's a requirement!! Without it you cannot verify the amp is working properly and doing what its supposed to do.

You need to be able to verify that it is switching properly without excessive ringing (caused by excess stray inductance) and not just oscillating wildly all over the place.
ohh f**** im going to build it aniways and hope for the best

Class D amplifier with the crystal oscillator.

Good morning everyone.
My contribution to the forum.
I drew three PCBs (clock / signal input / PWM generation, comparator and power stage / protection).
I'm designing a new layout on one plate.
circuit already tested and fully operational.

Attachments

• Amplificador de potência classe D com oscilador à cristal.jpg
    Amplificador de potência classe D com oscilador à cristal.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 1,691
Pdf layout for d200.2 ?,im really building this at 90 v along with a smpsu

Also has anibody did a different layout with the mosfets at the side of the board so they can be mounted to a heatsink,since i want them mounted to a heatsink,a big one with a fan,a long tunnel cooling the modules and the smpsu transistors

Last edited:
Sir Mile,

3 questions here;

1) At -/+42vdc (30vac traffo) PSU, do I have to reduce 4.7k 2w limiting resistors supplying the 5.6v zeners?
2) I have here a TIP117 can I also use this for the bias regulator instead of IRF640?
3) I cannot find a 0.1ohm 2 watter resistor (current sensing) and the closest I can get was rated 0.5ohm 2w. Will this work as well?

Thank You!

Sir Mile,

3 questions here;

1) At -/+42vdc (30vac traffo) PSU, do I have to reduce 4.7k 2w limiting resistors supplying the 5.6v zeners?
2) I have here a TIP117 can I also use this for the bias regulator instead of IRF640?
3) I cannot find a 0.1ohm 2 watter resistor (current sensing) and the closest I can get was rated 0.5ohm 2w. Will this work as well?

Thank You!

1) Use 2k2/2W
2) Yes use TIP117 with 13V zener
3) Use 0.05ohm/2W or 10x0.5ohm/2W in parallel
Regards