100watts mono D-amp for $10 from PE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this on another forum and out of curiosity (and the 'it might come in useful someday' syndrome hit me again) so I bought two.

It's rated at 100watts rms into 1 ohm with high level inputs, DC-offset detection for turn on and fixed 150hz/2nd order fixed LPF.

Kicker 100W Car Audio Stereo Input Sub Amp with Housing | Parts-Express.com

I'm thinking of using one in a dual 6.5" TB powered sub and another for experimentation/extra.

I just opened one to see what's inside and it has six IRFZ44R's. four are used in a full bridge config, filterless class D topology. I'm guessing the other two appears to be the main power switch. I haven't powered up mine yet.

PCB part number appears to be PAM620-02. Board is conformal coated and has a manufacture date stamp of 2004.11.22

I can see 5 IC's inside. one 555, one dual comparator, two dual op amps one quad op amp and lots of discrete components.

There appears to be thermal protection and short circuit protection as it has a thermistor to the heatsink and H bridge outputs have 15mohm shunts.

main supply reservoir caps are 2x 16V 6800uF.

I'll take internal pics and some measurements like switching freq, idle current etc this weekend once I get access to my toys.

I did some measurements and idle current is 200mA.

oscillating frequency is... wait for it.......0Hz. :D it's class AB! lol I think someone has to change the description on the PE website.

it sounds ok, it's late so I couldn't turn it up but I think it can be useful for a boombox/pc speaker. pictures to follow....

here are the pics:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.