Temple Audio Bantam Gold class t-amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Temple Audio in the UK makes the Bantam Gold. 25 watt wonder, only slightly larger than a pack of American cigarettes. Please believe me, after a week of burn in, this mighty mite sounds incredible. I've got mine powered through a Blue Circle Audio AC outlet filter and my CD transport uses an outboard $400 DAC...no fancy system, ok?

But this thing absolutely rocks. Incredible, punchy highs and quite impressive base through a pair of $400 bookshelf speakers. Mid-range is hit or miss...on recent digital CD recordings, everything is fine. In older, AAD recordings the vocalist can seem a little lost and overshadowed by the crisp, linear highs and throaty bass.

Class T? Whazzat? I don't know, but I think the result of the new process is stunning. At about $300 US, it's making me think I need to get rid of my KT88 tube integrated amp. Well, maybe.

Bantam went out of business last year, and trying to find a Bantam Gold T-amp is like pulling teeth, at least from my experience.
Are there any comparable pieces? I am in love with the T-amp from everything I've read about it, but I can't locate one anywhere, and would like something similar, if not identical.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.