41Hz Documentation access

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
My first post here, but I've been lurking for some time.

I bought a couple of amp kits from 41hz earlier this month, but even though I've registered for the forum I haven't received an activating email from Jan so I'm unable to access the assembly instructions.
When I try to access the documents section I receive message stating I don't have permission to access this page.

I've sent several requests via the web mail form on the 41Hz site and via the shop portal, but the only response I get is an email stating 'we will answer your question as soon as we can'. I presume this is an automated response as it's been weeks now since my first request.

I see others are also having problems and was hoping someone who does have permission could get in touch with 41Hz to let Jan know this is a real problem.

I bought an amp32ps and an amp15ps-xp and would really like to get on with biulding them.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Norm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

I sent another web form equiry from the 41Hz site yesterday and I've tried replying to the auto message sent from janat41hzdotcom, but nothing yet. I've tried reregistering using a different email address - I didn't get the activating email for this either.
I know they had some database issues recently, but I'm a bit peaved.

norm

Still no access to the instructions on the 41Hz site and no response from Jan!
I've managed to get the 2 Amp32PS up and running by following the schematic - they work evry well.
I'm a bit worried about constructing the Amp15PS without the full assembly instructions as I don't have info on the output filter coils etc.
Would anyone in be willing to send me copy or attempt to get jan to contact me here?

Cheers,
norm.

It's very lonely all on my own in this thread!

Still no luck accessing the assembly instructions for kits that have cost me over 200 euros.

I have tried contacting Jan by every email I can find and no response.

Buyers thinking of purchasing from 41Hz may wish to think again as this is pretty poor customer service.

Is there anyone one with 41Hz forum access willing to send me a copy of the assembly instructions for Amp15-PS-XP?

norm.

as it's been weeks now since my first request.

That was posted on february 1st, 2011. It is now 2 months later. This means the company did not respond for about 3 months?

Seems like either some very serious problem, or very bad customer service.
As most problems would have been fixed within a month, im guessing the latter.

If you are really in need of some help, you could try to contact v-bro (a diyaudio forum user). Although he claims not to be (economically) involved with 41hz, he sure knows a damn lot about it.
He might even have some schematics.

I do have the AMP32 documentation, but not for the AMP15PS-XP... But I should be able to acces this documentation somehow and email it to you.

Jan has been trying to improve customer care, but the swapping of support systems has only made it worse so far... This is very bad for his business!! I shall try to inform about this thread to let him see what's going on.

Sorry about all this, but as I am not a 41hz employee and live almost 2000 kilometers away from the shop there isn't much more I can do about this than try....

Hi robmedia,

I don't believe I've been ignored, at least I hope not. I think it's a website issue at 41Hz, all be it, one that has gone on for 3 months or so.
The kits are well designed, good value for money and the Amp32 that I got up and running sounds very good.
Don't dismiss them just yet, but we do need Jan from 41Hz to respond here to alay your fears and perhaps set up alternative or secondary documentation repositories.

v-bro has very kindly sent me the documentation he has, I'm not sure it's all I need until I've had a chance to look it over - thanks again v-bro.

norm

I would be a disgrace if Jan didn't care at all, he tries very hard. Toohard if you ask me, because he wants to do too much for himself... Like setting up te whole website, which has been going with many many ups and downs. It's slowly getting there.

Also didn't help that he was ill in november and december. I guess his hard work and stress isn't all that good for his health.

If you need any help I personally will! If that can be of any consolation I'll be your personal coach....

I also have the AMP15PS-XP kit to be built sometime soon, so any struggelings we should be able to tackle together...

Hi all i have had a few amp kits from 41hz and the service has all ways been great. The people on the 41hz forum are really helpfull as well. If any one puts a post on the forum you normally get help streight away but its a about 6 months since i bought any kits

Exactly, that probably was before the new website. There are still many things to straighten out and service in time will be back to normal. If anything slips through one post on the forum will do and you will be helped briefly.

I, too, am having a problem with customer service. I want to purchase an Amp6 Basic but cannot because my account has apparently not been activated.

v-bro, would you please pass this along to Jan? I cannot post to the forums. I have tried several emails with no response.

Regards,

Karl

The shop is always available, for that you don't need an account. I haven't ordered anything the normal route for a while, so I don't know much about the procedures of acquiring an account. I shall try to make Jan aware of the problems and have him look in to it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.