Balanced/Unbalanced Switch - Help Needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I apologise in advance if this is a dumb question:

I have a balanced MiniDSP board feeding an icepower 1000asp module...well a set of each actually (monoblocks)
I would like to have a switch on the back of each amp that can change the input to accept balanced or unbalanced inputs.

The first Bit seems easy enough.. for the input to the MiniDSP board I can just have a SPST switch shorting
the Neg to GND...

However to get an unbalanced output from the MiniDSP board it requires the same shorting of Neg to GND and the same
again for the input to the Icepower module...these obviously can't all share the same switch I assume..

Now my simple brain can only think of three switches and a lot of wires but I know there is obviously a much simpler
way of achieving this but incapable of figuring it out. Balanced output is not needed from the Icepower module.

To summarise..

MiniDSP Input - Balanced/Unbalanced
MiniDSP Output - Balanced/Unbalanced
1000ASP Input - Balanced/Unbalanced
1000ASP Output - Unbalanced

Like I say - sorry for a dumb question, I am just nowhere near experienced as most here.

Thanks

Last edited:
A DPDT switch is used in this diagram only because the software didn't have a DPST. In reality you can use either one.

Attachments

• se_switch.JPG
    se_switch.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 211
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.