Zappulse 2.2se fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Zappulse 2.2se blew up while the other channel is working fine. The symptome is a humming noise turning on and off. This happened while it was playing normally. I am trying to repair it. The centre mosfet IRFB38N20d has a different reading than the ones on each side. In has been working with no hassels for 3 years until i added a preamplifier to the set up. I did not include coupling caps in the setup. I suspect that this could be the cause.
All suggestions are welcome.

My Zappulse 2.2se blew up while the other channel is working fine. The symptome is a humming noise turning on and off. This happened while it was playing normally. I am trying to repair it. The centre mosfet IRFB38N20d has a different reading than the ones on each side. In has been working with no hassels for 3 years until i added a preamplifier to the set up. I did not include coupling caps in the setup. I suspect that this could be the cause.
All suggestions are welcome.

I checked and found out that the centre Irfb38n20d is short circuit. Should i replace all three of them ? Where can i get them from ? Are there substitutes ? I am in the middle of nowhere. Mauritius !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.