"Digitally controlled" Class D chipamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm fairly new to this website despite I registered quite long ago. (it was just a quick query and I haven't came back since :guilty: )

Lately I've been looking into digitally controlled Class D amplification

I've seen expensive amplifiers like NAD M2, Wadia PowerDAC, TacT and Steinway Lyngdorf, and since my budget is not that big (I could hardly stretch it for a wadia, but it's not powerful enough for me), and I like DIY (I'm a bit into modding microphones and recording gear), I thought there could be a DIY IC based solution for me (I guess a discrete solution would be too expensive) on a pre-built module format, and I started googleing a lot, I've found quite a bit of design info on that kind of amps on this site, but I don't think I'd would be able to do my own design although it is nice to learn, maybe in the future, who knows?..

The only already made module I've found is the miniDSP miniamp which looks cool for me, but it is just not enough power.

I've also found this commercial amp in a similar fashion to miniamp but with a bit more power from SUMOH, but I hanven't found any references on this site, neither on google, so maybe some people find it interesting for a modding project. But still underpowered for my needs.

| SUMOH | True digital amplifiers

I also found this thread here at diyaudio about a chinese manufacturer who alredy sells a TI TAS5630 amp and plans to make a TI TAS5631 with digital inputs

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...aluminum-case-finished-new-year-coming-9.html

this is his aliexpress store
XINLI LAI's store Small Orders Online Store

but still nothing released..

Im very interested in this subject, I've found the technology very interesting, does anybody know about zetex, apogee DDX, or TI purepath modules or even already made stereo amplifiers with at least 100/150W@8ohms?

thanks for your help guys!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.