ICEpower 125ASX2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am repairing an Eden Amps WTX-500 Bass amp for a friends teenage kid. The power amp is an ICEPower 125ASX2. It failed when connected to a 240 volt supply while being set to 115 volt input.

Tr300 and tr301 are shorted and the fuse between the choppers and supply caps is blown. I am having trouble reading the data off TR300 and TR301. Looks like B2DNMS0F D or 82DNMS0F D, they are manufactured by ST. Does anybody know what these devices are or are able to suggest an alternative, possibly from IR (International Rectifier). Can't seem to find any data on these devices. Many thanks.

keith

I think i have answered my own question, the device is
STB20NM50FD a 20amp 500 volt n channel mosfet manufactured by ST.

Here is a link to the datasheet, because ICEpower and Eden Amplification have been totally unhelpful if not obstructionist in providing any information to repair or even to supply a new power amp. These companies will NOT even supply a new 125ASX2 power module to and end user/repairer.
Hope this helps the next person who blows one up by connecting to the wrong voltage.

Beware about the Eden WTX-500 bass amplifier, there is lot of misinformation online which claims that the amp self detects the supply voltage and adjusts accordingly. BEWARE it does no such thing as a jumper needs to be set on the power amp module!!!!

Data Sheet:

http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00002476.pdf

The ICEpower technology is patented and you are very unlikely to find the schematics anywhere. I would guess that not even Eden amplification have seen them. There's also a couple of ASICs on the module that you can't replace if they have been damaged because you can get them anywhere.

If you don't want to send the amp back to have the module replaced, consider replacing it with another power amp module yourself.

/U.

Alternate Power amp module?

Hi Nisbeth, being a noob in the class d amplifier arena, I would appreciate any suggestions as to what alternate amp modules might be available. The Icepower 125ASX2 module is a combined swicth mode supply and power amp in one, are there other similar modules on the market? Can you advise sources of supply?

Thank You

Keith

I am repairing an Eden Amps WTX-500 Bass amp for a friends teenage kid. The power amp is an ICEPower 125ASX2. It failed when connected to a 240 volt supply while being set to 115 volt input.

Tr300 and tr301 are shorted and the fuse between the choppers and supply caps is blown. I am having trouble reading the data off TR300 and TR301. Looks like B2DNMS0F D or 82DNMS0F D, they are manufactured by ST. Does anybody know what these devices are or are able to suggest an alternative, possibly from IR (International Rectifier). Can't seem to find any data on these devices. Many thanks.

keith
perhaps the informations about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...ic-about-rev-engin-not-complete-finished.html
helps a little

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.