Review of Connexelectronic TA-3020 v3b audio amplifier - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 17th January 2011, 08:42 AM   #11
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Sure, but we are talking about one man not liking a sound character, big chance he'll like it if it configured differently.

On a side note this is what always surprises me about the modding herds, there is no thing that influences the sound more than the mere value of components, given the quality is good enough to reach max performance there will not be much gained from a 'better' component....

Old 1st April 2011, 10:56 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I've just managed to configure the sound to how I like it. I have to use the following equaliser settings in VLC player: (Of course, I shouldn't have to make any changes to equalisers, etc, for it to sound right in the first place, as my previous amp sounded fine!

Click the image to open in full size.

Looking at the equaliser settings, could anyone suggest to me some speaker cable or interconnects that would have this characteristic? Or even better, I have the connexelectronic v3b pdf file here:

http://www.data-designs.net/images/v3b.pdf

Maybe The input capacitors could be changed?

Any help much appreciated................ (I have a dead connex v1 TA3020 amp here and an willing to send it to anyone who solves my problem here....)

Old 2nd April 2011, 04:55 AM   #13
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bro View Post
I have posted about my suspicions of the modules here a long time ago and I wasn't too positive then. I was hammered by some of the crowds here and very misunderstood. Okay, maybe I was a little negative...

In the mean time I have had a couple of them on my desk, sent to me by unhappy customers wanting to just get rid of them.
all your suspicions were without support, as always. who don't believe, read that thread again.
post pictures with every board from your unhappy customer. don't forget to mention his name as well. you only had the board of Arno which you intentionally destroy-it to prove what ? that 41hz is the best ?
let's cut the crap everybody knows that you are 41hz guy and i will post all the threats where you tried to convince me to get out of business.

from today i put 10 TA3020 boards form the new version coming this month which will be given for free for those which will bring arguments that you are related with 41hz.

richard,
You're still pissed off because i didn't accept to offer you a full refund for a board bought two years ago which you damage-it, i repaired for free then you said i did nothing to it ? probably v-bro will give you one for free to show you his kindness and join his attacks against me.

so, who will be the first to get one of those 10 boards ??? facts, quotes which prove the connection and you'll have one.

Last edited by Cristi; 2nd April 2011 at 05:23 AM.

Old 2nd April 2011, 06:36 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I've told you a million times what my relation is with 41hz. I like their products a lot, and the owner is a nice guy, sure. I am very sorry to say this can not be said about you....

I like 41hz so much for these reasons that I am just willing to help them in their whereabouts for free!

Oh, I just proved there that I am affiliated!!?

Can I get a board now?

Oh, well, on second thought, just keep it anyways.....

Old 2nd April 2011, 08:17 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

@V-Bro,

I know 41Hz as one of the first pages I discovered in refer to Tripath amps. I am not sure but are there also clear facts and evidences that the Tripath Community including many chinese board designers benefitted for years from the work of 41 Hz ? In this case I see not a problem to regard them in audio forums like this from time to time BUT you do suspiciously often. Though that I can not assume that you are bounded in any profit intended ways to 41Hz.

Old 2nd April 2011, 10:13 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

I thought that you have denied one million times any connection, now, we are getting closer to reality when the stake is one free amp ??? and yeah, i'm really nasty guy with all those who are insulting me, threat me, and tells me things about close relatives.
Quote:
In the mean time I have had a couple of them on my desk, sent to me by unhappy customers wanting to just get rid of them.
as always, you are not bringing any proof in this affirmation, besides the board which you destroyed on purpose, where are the others ?

Quote:
Can I get a board now?
sure, after you admit and brig proofs that you are part of 41hz.

I find quite odd to see that this forum allows any dealer to find a third-party individual which can brush and try to destroy competitor's reputation bringing up just personal suppositions without physical support. well, at least if you have bought one board and claim that you are "my customer" and you are not satisfied by the product.
richard, before you gonna start again, remember that you bought the board 2 years ago, i have repaired and sent back without charging you one penny, when you blow-it up then you start threating me and ask full refund, after 2 years... if you would tune the language a little bit, perhaps i would sent you one more new board, instead, you prefer to go on the other way. sorry, i do not respond to threats in a positive way.

@ TheDealer: don't know if matters, but I'M NOT CHINESE (and i regret this onestly to be)

Last edited by Cristi; 2nd April 2011 at 10:32 AM.

Old 2nd April 2011, 11:46 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

I had three boards, two V02 and a V03, either returned, or just thrown in the waste bin, which is no real big deal, they were cheap anyway.... I'm not gonna rat on anybody, not even on your invitation.

Yes, there is proof of Chinese 41hz copies. AMP15 has been shamelessly copied and sold on taobao with VERY inferior components placed, as usual. Even though I must admit Cristi is a league higher quality than that. Even the name AMP15 was copied, only the board was red and there was an added footprint for a potentiometer. And off course the price was ridiculously low....

Here it is:

And with the real (black PCB, not fully completed) AMP15 next to it:

Here still a beta version, some caps are not fitting properly here yet, but it's the final rev. board:

Last edited by v-bro; 2nd April 2011 at 11:51 AM.

Old 2nd April 2011, 12:20 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I had three boards, two V02 and a V03, either returned, or just thrown in the waste bin, which is no real big deal, they were cheap anyway.... I'm not gonna rat on anybody, not even on your invitation.
name them, please, they will get replace or refund if is real. or you just quote from your imagination, so there's nobody to name.

further, is useless to comment, i see that you still have bad memories when you saw that red board, from the other competitors as well, even if they are some cheap Chinese cloners. as someone pointed very well regarding this board, you get what you pay for, and i think the price is more than reasonable. but i found-it very unreasonable to charge 100+ euros for an unassembled kit then is up to you if you will ever manage to make-it work properly. if not, is user's fault, of course, since he soldered the wrong parts in the wrong place. no warranty, no headache, no after sale support. that's the real business, right? perhaps i will start doing the same soon, but not for ridiculous 100+ euros for an empty board and some 20 usd parts...

Old 2nd April 2011, 01:30 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Sure, $20 on parts...

http://sound.westhost.com/fake/counterfeit-p3.htm

Dream on!

Last edited by v-bro; 2nd April 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Old 2nd April 2011, 01:41 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

so this is what 41hz amps are using ??? thanx for telling me ;-)

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!