hifimediy T2 mods?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Indeed, there is noise picked up in the T2 input circuits when this control is in its mid position. I have mined turned fully up, which is just right to interface with my MiniDSP preamp's output (AFTER I increased the gain with R1 and R4)...

I can remember well that a virtue two showed a very dry and punchy character in the bass region while I have the impression with the T2 now that I have to increase the vol.pot up to 11 o'clock to reach a typical listening level of the virtue two's 9 o'clock position. Just a suggestion. Maybe virtue's bigger supply cap is more responsible for it's more drive/live character than the gain setting. I am not sure but a gain adjustment seems not a bad idea at first step ...

Hi
I have just purchased 2x Jantzen Cross caps 2.2uf to replace the standard blue square input caps on my T2, as they are recommended and installed on the new boards.
I have just noticed that the original blue caps are 3.3uf. Will the Jantzen caps be good if they have a smaller capacitance?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.