All in one / Amp,DAC,CD player? +?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nah I had quite long mail conversation with Nick (the guy who sells that things) and we couldn't get to a conclusion. It's hard to tell what's wrong when you are 6000 km away. I only got some results by messing with it and I will try something else untill it's perfect, unless someone had the same issue and can help me. Also, we have three pin plug too but I thought you have 110V we have 230V out there, I just wanted to know what do you mean by earth. You can see it on the picture. I have put the filtered socket on the table so it is visible on the pictures.

DAC doesn't work anymore :/ I Don't know why. I did not do anything with it since last time. BTW thanks for the PSU, I had to fix one broken connector but it's working.. I think I'll get another DAC. I fixed the issue with the pot and most of the grounding problems. I still get slight high frequency hiss though.

I had some free time today so I checked whats up with the DAC. First I fixed the PSU you sent me and then I found out that 3.3V regulator is blown.. It fed 6V right through it instead of converting to 3.3 and it also short circuited with ground that was why the artificial ground was overheating.. Anyway I ordered another Regulator and I'll try to switch them. I hope it didn't blow up the DAC circuits because they were fed with 6V instead of 3.3V. We'll see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.