All in one / Amp,DAC,CD player? +? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2010, 08:37 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Yes, although some mains sockets have a switch built in. This may save you a bit of effort (depends on whether you want the power switch on the front of the cabinet, or not).

You should add a fuse also. Again, some sockets have these built in.

The wire looks ideal. Might get me some of that.

I will post your DAC today.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:27 AM   #22
pipsk is offline pipsk  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I ordered everything I would possibly need (I hope) except mains switch and spdif rca's. I don't know how I am going to do that yet. I think I'll get the cd 723 inside my budget so everything should go as I planned.
Old 7th December 2010, 05:02 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hi Jacub

The DAC is in the post. I don't know how long it will take to get to you. It went by air mail.

I did not put the power supply in with it, as I did not want them banging together in transit, so you will need a 12v dc supply for it. A wall adapter of the right size will do for a while.

The thicker red leads are the dc power input. The wire with the black stripe is negative.

The orange, yellow, and white wires are the line level outputs. The white is ground/return.

The RCA socket is the digital input. If you get this working nicely, then I suggest that you remove the scoket and wire direct to the board, like I have done with the power and line out.

I don't know why this did not make a nice sound for me. I only used the optical input. Maybe my power supply was bad.

I think that I have a circuit diagram for it somwhere. If you need it, let me know.

Good luck.
Old 7th December 2010, 05:14 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

I think that this was the one:

Mini SPDIF+OPTICAL DAC Board --PCM1793+DIR9001+OPA2134 on eBay (end time 19-Dec-10 15:48:54 GMT)

You can get the schematic off this ebay page.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:06 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Thank you, really. I think I will check for 12V adapter somewhere or make a little board myself, that's not a big deal. I've got everything, even the CD player from ebay. I hope I will start to receive parts in two weeks from now on so I can figure out how big case I need to make.
Old 18th December 2010, 07:49 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Wow the DAC just arrived I hooked it up, I had few issues with interference but figured it out and it works like a charm, It's great! It made a significant difference in the upper frequencies immediately hearable, It has more bass and the music is very clear. Even in lower quality recordings. It works with 96kHz 24bit on optical input, I need to get coaxial cable and the psu now.. I'm powering it directly from my computers' PSU now. THANKS! you saved me.
Old 18th December 2010, 10:52 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Ugh I have a problem with the dac, I think that it is the psu I need to find a new one. The second diode blinks and it makes a pop sound. It's good for a few seconds then it starts to do every second and speeds up till nothing than popping is audible. I'll try to get the psu and then update.
BTW cd player arrived too
Old 18th December 2010, 11:19 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 18th December 2010, 02:24 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Hi Jakub
Congratulations. It looks like you are making good progress.
How did you mend the dac interference?
Have you changed anything since it was working well this morning?
Old 18th December 2010, 03:04 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Not anything that I know... I've got a large amount of hum when connecting directly to amplifier input by the cables you soldered. Like when you touch 3.5mm jack connected to amplifier. I think it has something to do with grounding because when I connect another pair of rca's from the same device directly to the amp it disappears.

I found 12VDC converter but it's only rated at 1 amp and it doesn't work, just light's up one diode on the DAC. Do you have a manual or schematics for it?

Hide this!Advertise here!