Help! Just finished my Helder TA2020 MKIII and I'm getting buzzing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally got around to assembling my Helder TA2020 MKIII and finished (99% done) it today. Thus far it sounds fantastic, though I am having one issue. This may not be an issue as I still need to buy knobs for the pot and switch, but when I touch the pot adjustment post I get a not extreme, but noticable, buzz or feedback through the speakers.

This is my first project attempt at a DIY amp of any sort and I'm not above stupid mistakes. If anyone has any idea as to how I might remedy the problem I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks,
Chris

AMP3.jpg

AMP2.jpg

AMP1.jpg

my guess is that you need to connect the body of pot to ground. it should have come with a ground lug, a round piece that goes over the axel of the pot and has one end with a "pointy tip" on it. solder a piece of wire to the tip and connect the wire to ground. mount the lug on the inside of your box but on the volume knob axle itself and i suspect you will find that this will make your amp quiet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.