rockford fosgate t40001bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i got a fosgate 40001bd and i blew it last night. i talked to fosgate and they said $550 shipped. is that crazy or what?! i also talked to the guy at amp medics and he said its a 50/50 gamble. if certain parts were bad then he could'nt repair it. if he could fix it it would be between $180 and $230 (don't know about s/h). fosgate said anything wrong would be fixed (it has cosmetic blemishes, don't know if they would take care of that). i'm pretty sure it blew from low voltage/ current. i only got 2-kinetis 1400's and a 2400 (car off). what do yall think, is it worth it???

ok, this amp has obviously been repaired before. the cooling fan in the yellow circle has had it's wires cut, tapped and jumped to the remote terminal. all the parts in the red and pink circles appear to have been replaced. but what i see burned out is in the white and blue circles (ng03ad & ng21ab).

Attachments

• 1023001934.jpg
    1023001934.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 175
power supply stage is probably gone yes, question is, is the output stage gone too?
Are all the tracks ok, not burned...

Most of the times, fets go, and maybe some driver for them.
One think I know by now, bigger the amp, the greater is possibility for it to fail, and most of the times they are mounted on the box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.