Ucd for s/woofer appln

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is that right ?
Just read 500 or 600 instead of 455kHz.

And the phase lead n/w is to push the phase crossover freq to the desired value........okokok
Even i think i ll need a scope :)

Thanks for the delay circuit. From simulation, your delay is close to a 700ns one.

Cheers,

Attachments

• delay.gif
    delay.gif
    98.8 KB · Views: 331
ok so its 30pf
ok and 400ns at what freq?
But when i cascade this delay ckt (c=30pf) with LC filter and phase lead n/w, the 180 deg trip-point is above 2 MHz.
But with c=200pf, its 578kHz.....any idea????

let me remind you that i was using an ideal opamp!!!!!!!!:)

So dont you think that this allpass circuit maybe used to precisely adjust the switching frequency of the UCD ?
:)

Last edited:
But here its 250 kHz where the 180 degree trip occurs......why ????

Read the marker named A1

Also, can I use 100V mosfets with +/-45V??? Suggestions please!!

Attached please see my sim output.

For rail voltage, I would have much larger margin when considering mains voltage fluctuation, overshoot and undershoot during switching. Layout is very crucial. You do need a scope. Experiment with lower voltage first and watch the switching wave form.

This thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/116590-ucd-like-topology-amp-14.html#post1823469 post 133 have an example of good layout. I actually built some variants of it with good result.

Cheers,

Edit: You may need a multi-hundred MHz scope for the ringing freq. approach 100MHz with good PCB layout.

Attachments

• delay-3.gif
    delay-3.gif
    115.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Hi friends,

Me back! Would like to get help regarding selection of MOSFETS and choke. (200W/4ohm/250kHz)

What do you guys think of IRFI4019H-117P for a 200W application? Id = 8.7A 25deg
I need 45-0-45 at 8A to get 200W so is 8.7 enough?
Also please recommend a good choke (readymade preferred, f ' cube, m'metals not available here)
My schematic and PCB layout attached.

Attachments

• UCDv1.jpg
    UCDv1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 265
  • layout.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.