helder mk3 ta2024

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All finished and cased.
Changes to standard board are bigger (18,000uf) tank cap and Panasonic FC's (220uf, 25v) at the chip, a 3.3uf cap added to the 5 volt reg line and of course the two flipping huge Oblligatto 2uf coupling caps!
Sound is a lot smoother and detailed with little listener fatigue.
Still don't think it's as good as my Amp-32 but it's pretty good for the money.
Case was 1 of a pair bought off that site second-hand, hence the spare holes!
13 volt sm power supply.

are these the caps you are using?

Obbligato Film Oil Capacitors

i just added some power supply caps to mine.they are elna 6800uf x 2.that has made a decent difference to the overall sound of the amp.ive still yet to try different input coupling caps.i think that will be my next and final mod to this.if i do anything else i will start from scratch with something a bit more powerful.adding 13,600uf power supply capacitance has definetly made the sound stage larger.it has made a bit of a difference in the bass region as well.

with the addition of some nice speakers.i can say i hear details ive not previously heard.this amp was decent on some bookshelf speakers i had.but im listening now to some infinity rs-6 kappa.the amp truly shows its potential with these speakers wow.i would have never believed one of these t-amps could produce this kind of bass.the old setup had nice bass with a subwoofer.i can hear this things true potential now,and its even better than i originally thought.

Last edited:
Same here. I've also got a pair of Infinity speakers, although they are RS2 model (bookshelf). I've tried the TA2024 with several different sets of speakers and so far the Infinitys have been the best match. Excellent detail and plenty of low end.

Recently, I tried out one of those Indeed G2 tube preamps, and that ended up giving a warmer, smoother sound, which I enjoy even more.

Cheers,
Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.