HElP!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built my 41hz AMP 5 a couple years ago now, just today it seems to have developed a problem with one of the left channel. It appears the solenoid is not connecting the channel, because there is no sound whatsoever. If I flip the on/off speaker switch a bunch of times it occasionally comes back, but then it gives out again soon after. Help!!! I've got a party tonight and I promised people good music, and I don't have a backup amp.

I just moved to a new city, unfortunately left most of my tools at home cause I wasn't expecting to be doing any projects in the short term. Just discovered that if I hold the amp vertically, on its side the channel comes back. Now using the speaker on/off switch works as normal. Must be a little friction or something in the solenoid that gravity helps?? Probably can keep it this way for the party, but not good long term.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.