Components/Links for PC-Speaker System?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I just got rid of my 15 years old DIY Speakers and therefore
I just started to build spiral speakers à la Cornu and my Elekit TU-8300 will arrive tomorrow.

In addition to that, going back to diy and refurbishing my home audiosystem, I thought of building my own, tiny-non-plastic pc-speakers.
For the other Kits, and parts I did a lot of research on the internet and found a lot of great resources and shops, but for my pc-speaker ideas,... merely nothing.

I hope that somebody on this forum might be able to give me some hints and links.

Here's the plan. I just would like to have two satellite speakers with each containing one 2" or 3" fullrange driver (closed cabin).
The estimated lows won't be that great and I thought of adding "one" single 3"-4" woofer.
The whole system shall be an active system. I'm not yet sure, if I will integrate all three speakers into my desk or not.

What kind of amps/amp modules (class AB,D,T) should I take, wich combination, how to combine them?
In the end, I just would like to plug my pc/laptop, mp3-player into that system and just have one volume control.

Any hints on manufacturers, DIY sites, Kits, online-shops in Canada?

Thanks in advance!
Sebastian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.