Case for Helder's TA2020 MKIII Amp Module - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2010, 04:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Case for Helder's TA2020 MKIII Amp Module

Hi folks, I am ready to pull the trigger on the kit, but coming up zero on cases. I need a case and the volume & selector knobs. I'd like to assemble the kit in one made for this setup, but only coming up with nothing but blank projects boxes.

Can you guys steer me to an eBay or US seller?

Thanks.
Old 11th August 2010, 04:58 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Arjen has indicated in the past that he is quite close to releasing a MKIII unit in a finished case. I know it has been a chaotic year for him, but I am beginning to doubt that this project will ever come to fruition. Maybe he will comment so some of us that have been waiting can get off the fence and finally make a decision.

Arjen, are you out there?
Old 11th August 2010, 06:26 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

OK, thanks. I will sit tight, have too many projects to figure this out. Maybe Arjen will jump in a shed some insight.

If you all hear of any completed MKIIIs, please chime in.

Thanks.
Old 12th August 2010, 03:16 AM   #4
saudiof is offline saudiof  United States
diyAudio Member

I am also in this boat. Can someone suggest a specific case that will hold both the board and the SMPS that Arjen sells?
Old 12th August 2010, 06:48 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Waiting on my Helder 2020 kit as well. Did get my 12v 5a Chinese Meanwell clone today! I am looking at putting the pair in a cigar box enclosure, but I did find this on while searching for an aluminum chassis.
Old 12th August 2010, 09:44 PM   #6
saudiof is offline saudiof  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for those links. According to the info I have , the board is 5 cm high and the box ix 6.9 cm, leaving a clearance of about 0.7 inch. Is this enough to mount on spacers or studs?
Old 13th August 2010, 02:08 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Looks like you can at least shim it away from the enclosure or put a layer of cardboard/rubber between and make that work.
Old 13th August 2010, 07:51 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I have no clue if the board will fit, but this is a good deal.....

DIY TA2024*2022 mini AMP chassis /case Thickening panel - eBay (item 120597407694 end time Aug-17-10 03:24:29 PDT)
Old 13th August 2010, 04:51 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Pulled the trigger yesterday and got the TA2020 MKIII kit from Arjen. Decided to go with this case from Taiwan so that I can accommodate the transformer.

Keep in mind that this kit has 2 knobs to accommodate and 3 inputs. Looking forward to the build.
Old 13th August 2010, 05:34 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

BTW, this is the transformer I plan to get for the project. It is 10V 3A output, once rectified it will yield about 13-14 VDC I figure. It is $14 + and not toroidal, so any suggestions welcomed: Tranny

Hide this!Advertise here!