Class D/T amp comparison - your recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi AP2,

sorry if I didn't get it, but what is the difference between the SDA-400 and the MDA-400?
Your answer will be appreciated -thx.

Hi,
Thanks for your interest.

MDA is an integrated amplifier with PSU (absence of noise), the amplifier section is identical to SDA-400.
an MDA-400 (have power supply bus for supplies up to three SDA-400 ) in case of multi-way,for total power out=600Wrms or it can be used in stereo (1 MDA-400 and 1 SDA-400) in this case the power is 2x300w rms (4R) or single-MDA-400 for sub max 400w rms.
it possible to use 2xSDA-400 bridge kit for 800w rms (8R) or normal use at single with separate PSU (eg DPS-400) or others.
what I can not explain even with the measures is that these amplifiers behave (raising the volume over 50%) just like a good class AB. very high definition of high range without intermodulation typical on vocals.
Is Necessary to specify at order (only in the case of one MDA-400 for SUB), which is 400w.
all other combinations can be adjusted power out , from trimmer on pcb.(innovative clip-level adjustment) from 80w to max.
eg. 300w sub and 100W Mw-tw.
... I hope to be able to answer...:)

Regards

Has anybody tried the DXA-400 modules? i'm curious about them

hi poler,
I apologize if I answer your question.
DXA-series to facilitate directly the companies, was blocked the sale to the public.
I think that the short you can buy online.
Or you can request a sample for evaluation on info@audiopower.it.
DXA-xx is really different but also other products are ... especially when you listen to them.(A-B class resolution without intermodulation on vocals at high power)
this is a new kit with SDA-400 (many are buying and I believe that soon put their listening impressions on this forum):)

Attachments

• 2xSDA-400-OF.jpg
    2xSDA-400-OF.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,093
Hi Tcx
I just finished my build with the ClassD SDS254 kit and it turned out great.Compared to my Audio Research D76 tube amp the ClassD amp has much greater control of the music.It is by far the quietest amp i ever heard.Great dynamics with a big sound stage.I am driving Magnepan MMG speakers and they have never sounded so good.:)

I built an SDS254 also and upgraded the PS caps to Panasonic tsha series. It totally blows away my HK amp. Several guys have compared these very favorabaly to some very high dollar ice amps. It has balanced input but the input reciever (InGenus)also benifits single ended user.
A buddy of mine just auditioned the sds254 against his highly modified gainclone and final word is he is building one. The commerical offering of his gainclone is over 2k.

Well, so far I have built only one amp based on "AMT2050 V2.0" amp module by Hifimediy (discussed elsewhere on this forum) which sounds great to my ears. I can compare it only with a TAS5630 based amp which is not bad but not so good as the Tripath based amp (to my ears).
I have also bought Zap Pulse 800XE module by LC Audio and SMPS500R from Connexelectronic but haven't finished complete amp with these modules yet. I wonder if the Zap Pulse 800XE will be significantly better than AMT2050. It should be, since it costs about 10 times more... :)

Yes more amp comparisons or reviews would be great (go TCx ;) )

I can recommend the 41hz kits but not the sure boards. They are too low quality with too many issues needed to be fixed. I'd rather do a solution that is done right the first time.
hifimediy and maybe connex solutions seem appealing, input on these would be great :).

No comments from me on non Tripath solutions as I have not heard any.

Well, so far I have built only one amp based on "AMT2050 V2.0" amp module by Hifimediy (discussed elsewhere on this forum) which sounds great to my ears. I can compare it only with a TAS5630 based amp which is not bad but not so good as the Tripath based amp (to my ears).
I have also bought Zap Pulse 800XE module by LC Audio and SMPS500R from Connexelectronic but haven't finished complete amp with these modules yet. I wonder if the Zap Pulse 800XE will be significantly better than AMT2050. It should be, since it costs about 10 times more... :)

So, what's the verdict? :) And BTW did you get anything from Audiopower.it?

(See how patient I was! I gave you a month before bugging you again.) :D

Sorry guys but I was somehow busy with other things... One of them is a high quality DIY class AB amp. :) Now I have several defferent amp modules, SMPS's and other parts and have to put everything together. This is the most difficult part to me as I am not well equipped to drill holes to metal cases etc.
I have ordered a couple of metal cases for my new class d amps from this website:
XINLI LAI's store Small Orders Online Store

They do not offer any chasis separately but you can ask them for it via e-mail. I pay $30 for the G300 type aluminum chasis which includes backlit power button, volume button, speaker and RCA terminals, mains socket. All holes are predrilled and buttons and terminals are populated so it is easy to build an amp with this ready to use chasis, amp module and SMPS.

I will post my impressions as soon as I have any of my amps finished.

I've only used ready amps with no modding and my own comparisons include cheap amps (not leipai) available with TA2020 chip. Best quality, considering the price, so far with HLLY TAMP-20 (ver1.5) and S.M.S.L SA-36A (10.04.15).
I don't like Sure TA2024C type powerswitch in front of the amp so it's limiting some of the cheap models (but going to try that model from the TA2024 models). Next also going to try Topping TP21 from TA2021 models.

If anyone using those about 100$ amps and under, please comment.

Re AudioPower.it:

I acquired an AudioPower.it MDA-400 over the weekend (400W@4ohm version).

So far very happy with it. Better by far than the TAS5630 and IRS2092 modules that I have tried. I'll post my own thread with detailed comments over the next weeks and months as I acquire more modules - I've got an SDA-400 on it's way, and I'll need 4 more channels to complete my stereo 3 way active system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.