Curing Arjen helder amp power off pop !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im sorry but i fail to see how that picture is confusing? its rather basic ... 12v to power the board and then the relays cut the + speakers wires !!!!

O.K. thanks, I was more confused about the 24 VDC writing on the relay board.
So I made my thoughts how to feed the relay board with 24VDC when I take 12 V from the SMPS ... ? Couldn´t see 2 x 12 V source which were connected in series. Maybe the 24 VDC writing refers to a DC/DC transformation closed to it :confused:

That and the issue with IN+ and IN- while both are referring to L+ and R+ ... Would this really not confuse a greenhorn like me ?

Hi All,
I think these amps that can go low voltage / battery is better to use a small relay directly to the output signal of the preamp (use a switch to disable when gnd). this is a more elegant but requires a simple circuit lm339. .. or brutal connection of the small relay at switch (ON-OFF VCC) with a small constant R-C.

Regards

P.S. it is possible use a FET for switch to gnd signal from preamp-out.:)

Hi AP2,
in fact I want to check up a 12 V SLA battery. Which solution you choosed to solve this problem ? Could you explain me which parts I need ? Maybe via drawing or design ? But not complicated. I am to be confused very easily;)
Thanks till now

Thats indeed it, 12V to the power jack ( up to 15V is fine also ) and the positive speaker wires run true the relays.

putting it at the input side doesn't work, because then the capacitor of the pre-amp will equalize it self to the input capacitor of the amplifier and that also causes a pop.

greetings,

Arjen

Hi,
It..work without "pop":)

Regards

Attachments

• Relay.jpg
    Relay.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 235
Hi AP2,

I will first check up Arjen´s relay board. No need to build up another solution at moment ... I would also say that placing the circuit between pre and power is not so good than between power and speakers (just regarding sound influence and not safety issues). Relays I knew before were always acting closed to the speakers ... thanks anyway

Last edited:
I don´t know what is the reason but Arjens relay board doesn´t work well. I also don´t want to make his projects bad.

I think I have connected all wires right. The problem is that you have to switch your CD-Player ON before supplying the TA2020 board + buffer amp with power. Otherwise when you power both and after then you switch ON the Player you still get this loud bump out from the speakers. UUuuHHH:( better than no solution at least ...

Hi guys,

I have obtained a pair of TK2050 boards from Arjen. I had a nasty pop the first time I powered down the amp because I did not adjust the multi-turn pot on the board. You need to adjust it for exactly 0 DC offset. (using a sensitive voltmeter)

The dealer : Try and power down all your gear simultaneously(with a single flick of a switch) after you finish listening. Same goes for when you power up. That way I guess you wont have any start up or power down problems.

Hope that helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.