English class D pro audio amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...thanks for sharing.
I am surprised that you feed the window comparator with the carrier.
How does this act in detail? If the difference between carrier and OP amp output exceeds a certain window, the you turn ON the switch? Or do you have sort of a dynamic window?

Without your scheme I would have thought to track only the output of the OP amp by a window comparator with a fixed window, - allowing everything between upper and lower peak of the triangle.
...would have been my straight forward thinking and would require to touch just one audio signal.
... curious about the reason, why you did different...

The carrier contains a portion of audio signal, so during normal operation error signal is within the limits of the carrier. The comparison window is fixed at just above carrier HF amplitude, so whenever error 'escapes' the switch turns on.

Some pulse shaping between windcomp and switch that suspends the 'switch on' state for some time is possible also.

The carrier contains a portion of audio signal, so during normal operation error signal is within the limits of the carrier. The comparison window is fixed at just above carrier HF amplitude, so whenever error 'escapes' the switch turns on.

Some pulse shaping between windcomp and switch that suspends the 'switch on' state for some time is possible also.

Hi,
after that is well calibrated, what behavior are differences in the vcc? (increase or decrease power supply voltage) or 8-4R load

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.