• amplid300.png
    amplid300.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 45,046
  • DSC01494.jpg
    DSC01494.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 40,544
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Credit for that design goes to Eduardo Tagle (ejtagle in forosdeelectronica.com), an argentinian engineer.

And yes, there are some units built by different people, you just have to follow the link Ezavalla posted and read it. And, as he says, it would have been nice you mentioned the original author and where did you got the schematic.

Edit: By the way, it's nice to see you two (EZ and Tacato) here.

Last edited:
It IS a Class D. You see the schematics Andewlebon copied and it may have mistakes, I haven't checked it. The original one (with a good PCB included) is hosted in the link Ezavalla posted. Check it.

D1426? There's no D1426 in the original design. You are looking for a replacement of the replacement. And now I check a bit... It looks like many transistors have been replaced in the Andrewlebon drawing.

Well, seems the amp finally poured into this forum.. I was asking myself when that would happen :) .. As it was said before, the schematics posted as the first ones on this forum are not the originals designed by me. They are derived versions of them, but in a bad way :( , as they are using slow mosfets that have unnecessarily high Rdson, making the amp run much hotter than required. And also, the amp is using as its power supply a truly high voltage, that is unsafe and a real hazard for people.
Please, dont build it as it is. Just follow the original diagram and use the enclosed PCB , that was optimized for it, that is posted on Foros de Electrónica - Comunidad Internacional de Electrónicos
As a sidenote, the amp is of the self oscillating class D type, based on the UCD technology and the associated patent, so, the amp itself is just for personal use. No commercial use is allowed for it
Regards, Eduardo

I have no problems... But i think credit must be given where credit is due: Just make it clear from where the file came from. I owe nearly eternal gratitude to some of the members of that forum, for supporting my efforts in designing this last version of the amp, suggesting improvements and alternative components to the original conceptual schematic, and also actually trying those modifications!
And i also owe to people on this iorum, specially to Bruno Putzeys, who was the one behinf the UCD technology and inspired me to start designing class D amplifiers.
If all those conditions are met, then, yes, you can repost the PDF file ;)

Cacho, Aldemarar, Tacatomon, Ejtagle...

It is a pleasure to see around here.:)

Is correct to draw an allusion to the real creator of the amplifier, "our" Ejtagle. (Eduardo Tagle).

The amplifier works. And does it very well.
All comments, and the history of this amplifier, can be viewed at:

Ampli HighEnd ClaseD UCD de 25W a 1250Wrms sólo con 2 mosfets N - Página 44 - Foros de Electrónica

In Spanish.

And the original scheme is the Annex. Not that Andrewlebon published in the first post.
Best regards and sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• Esquemático IR2110 UCD.pdf
    88.3 KB · Views: 6,570
Don't worry, Bushell, the ejtagle diyAudio member is the same ejtagle member of the Foros de Electrónica - Comunidad Internacional de Electrónicos forum. I susbscribed to diyAudio several years ago, but i have nearly no posts. if you use the search feature of diyaudio, you'll find the only post i did at that time, that was an UCD amplifier for an ESL loudspeaker. That was a conceptual schematic, but i never had enough time to build it... Maybe some day i'll do it, maybe never... (but i'm still interested on that subject... That combination has the potential to provide extremely low distorsion figures, and extremely high sound purity... So, definitively, it is on my pending-to-do list ;) == And, to also prove that i'am the ejtagle of foros... here's the same message, but in spanish :D

Bushell: No te preocupes, soy yo! :)

Saludos al foro!

And also greetings to the diyaudio members! :)

PD: Please, don't start the 3rd world war by cause of this design! :D