UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

tested today irs900D, run with +- 47.6 vdc, mosfet irf540, gate resistor 33 ohm and 1n5819, pushing hard no porblem, 3.3k 2w feed with 5.6v zener diode for that voltage, the value may vary for high voltage. using car amp toroid 22 uh awg 16 and filter cap .68uf , coil with 1.3mm air gap no heating at all with full blast.

regards
Azmi.

tested today irs900D, run with +- 47.6 vdc, mosfet irf540, gate resistor 33 ohm and 1n5819, pushing hard no porblem, 3.3k 2w feed with 5.6v zener diode for that voltage, the value may vary for high voltage. using car amp toroid 22 uh awg 16 and filter cap .68uf , coil with 1.3mm air gap no heating at all with full blast.

regards
Azmi.

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!!!
Its amazing...

Simple D class amplifier non smd part, without feedback.

http://www.hobbielektronika.hu/forum/getfile.php?id=191446

http://www.hobbielektronika.hu/forum/getfile.php?id=191441

getfile.php

Just for the record, since few of them here can understand hungarian. (Highand I reccomend you to post a google translated link of the HE forum, so others can see the discussion),
I (and others) doubt the performance characteristics of this amp, as stated by Highand.

It has lot of issues, for example but not all:
- P channel FETs have bad diode, high Coss realteive to their high Rdson, due to material science reason (hole conductivity vs. electron cundictivity). They won't be so much beter, however N channel FETs have improved gradually, and they are still improveing.
Although Highand stated that schematic can be modified to all N-channel, then It looses all the pros Highand state.
Even though Highand stated, and simulations show that diode recovery lossses are decreased, I state that they are still higher than using modern all N-channel FETs. (also the zeners applied to to this "trick", dissipate much, so total some of dissipiation is not decreased so IMHO).
- lack of feedback gives absolutely no control about the output LC filter, it does not supress distortions in the half bridge (they exists and they are not neglictable, just see an IRF Class-D application note), and also does not suppress power rails variations.
Since Class-D gain is dependent on supply voltage, any ripple the supply has, or any decrease the supply has at high output pulses, it will show on the output.
- In a normal Class-D amp designers all do everything to make the amp produce as high and as low duty cycles as it is possible, to make as much ourput as possible from the same supply and the same votlage rating FETs, before the modulation error kicks in. Higher votlage rating FETs are always worse, or more expensive (if they have the same good specs). In this design the duty cycle must be limited due to the applied gate driving network. This is not a trick, this is absolutely bad design goal IMHO.

These and other issues are discussied in the Hungarian forum.

Hi guys..

so I've just finished IRS1500..but there is also a problem :(

please watch this video :

Class-D IRSD1K5 - No & Low Level input Problem - YouTube

when i turn on power supply..after s short delay , speaker connected to amp's out. as you can hear in video , there is a noise available at output. (input volume = 0) and when i increase volume up to 4~5%, a really bad audio signal become appear. also the active led indicator isn't bright constantly.
when i increase the volume (about 7~8 %) the amp start to oscillate and those problem solved.

guys please help me. anyone have similar problems ?

Regards,
IRSound

Does the amp start to oscillatenn with low level input signal and the noise gone ?

I want to know is those problem solve now ?

Class d can be touchy about starting up.

The 2092 class d chip sits with 17 volts dc on the output if no speaker is connected !
Once a speaker is connected it then works ok.

It looks like your circuit is starting to oscillate then stops hence the clicking.
I can see a decaying oscillation.
You need to look at the positive feedback that gives oscillation.

Does the amp start to oscillatenn with low level input signal and the noise gone ?

I want to know is those problem solve now ?

Hi Nmos,

Level shifter not good,adjust the resistor value to get min. 1v and max. 3.3v signal with respect to -ve supply rail.

all sigma delta design freq. is depend on feedback resistor,filter coil,MOSFET,IC(TL071),2x1nF capacitor and 1K resistor.

Regards
MANOJ

Hi Nmos,

Level shifter not good,adjust the resistor value to get min. 1v and max. 3.3v signal with respect to -ve supply rail.

all sigma delta design freq. is depend on feedback resistor,filter coil,MOSFET,IC(TL071),2x1nF capacitor and 1K resistor.

Regards
MANOJ

How about your AUD 600 Amp Rev 3.0

Does AUD 600 Amp amp have the same problem or is here the problem solved ?

+40V 0v -40v / 10A SMPS For Power Amplifier post#9
Hi PetruV
greetings i have not finished the pcb layout as the core i am using is small for 130
volts dc+/- for my dclass amp if you are new to smps please make the smps from the link above i dont think there is a more EASY smps than this for first smps it can be made on
dot pcb i used IRF460 for fets 15 volts dc can be modified easier if you want so my sincere advice make this smps any help you need will be extended to you just start this smps
warm regards
andrew lebon