267.7 KB · Views: 1,536
  • DSCN3731.jpg
    DSCN3731.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,382
D

Deleted member 148505

i dont like jumpers
I think this is beter

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Jumpers are ok.
Why your suggestion is not good? Let's compare it.

1st jumper: is there so that the Logic Gnd (VSS) of CD4049 and Logic Gnd of IR2110 are referenced on the same point.

2nd jumper: the feedback is routed inside the IC instead of routing it along the "noisy" high side gate drive.

3rd jumper: minimizes the path/trace for the current loop in the low side gate drive.

Regards,
Lester

Attachments

• jlester 1000W.PNG
    jlester 1000W.PNG
    175.5 KB · Views: 1,259
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 148505

HI
thanks for your sharing
why you and other engineer dont creat all things in one board ?:confused:
main board dont have OCP ?
for OCP i must creat protection board too ?

Yes you must create speaker protect with external trigger for it to work.

But I am doubting if the relay is fast enough for it to turn off before the mosfets blow.

I am thinking if this will work?
I will connect the trigger to the SD pin of IR2110, current and voltage will be limited by resistor and zener diode.

Any Ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• 1000w protect.PNG
    1000w protect.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 870
I think it will be fast if the relay is a solid state/mosfet based.
Hi Jlester87,

For DC protect we need 10ms fast is enough if your circuit detect <or=3v dc what i used is <10ms fast one and all other higher current(>10A) rated relays are 18ms fast.

for protecting MOSFET need OC circuit and use at least twice the current rated (25degree) FET.

Regards
MANOJ

D

Deleted member 148505

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the info.

I have a Songchuan 801H-1C-S here, it has a 5ms release time. I'll check the SOA of IRFB4227 in its datasheet if it can survive 40A Current within 20ms(worst case).

Iraudamp1 also uses a mechanical relay for OCP, it has a 5ms release time according to its datasheet but it has no documentation for the response of OCP. (unlike IRAUDAMP9 and modified IRAUDAMP5 reference designs)

Regards,
Lester

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Manoj:

I managed to repaid both the boards, now the BIAS voltage is okay, it is +ve with reference to -Ve rail.

and Amp board has 6.2 volts at two side, output from 7806 is okay from -ve reference.

now the problem is the 47ohms resistors are burning out immediately when I power on, and I get some noise from main inductor (core from old PC psu).

and the relay of power board triggered one/two times but now it is not switching and connect spk connection.

There is 0.2mil volt at spk out, FETs are just warming.

Please suggest me what to check now and which position to stop 47ohms burn and make the amp workable.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
check output pulses with scope. or replace them with new one if you know the problem come from this components.

I replaced all the IC's couple of times but no luck. Need to check with scope but I don have that.

I can manage scope, I guess but what will be the idle data/output from ir or 7404 or op amps.

Now the output relay is not conducting. No dc/AC volt at output, guess this is usual but if I connect Spk directly, touching input pins of op-amps then it starts huge noise even after removing my finger! Around 14dc comes from Spk line. After off/on voltage is gone.

Where I'm making mistake?

Last edited: